Round 2 Commlock mod with all the bells and some of the whistles, I hope...

Well sir, I reckon we ain't keepin' it "box stock" is we? I didn't even know this was out and you're doin' a mighty fine job here with it! Keep up the great work sir.
Thank you very much for the kind post, I can't remember when I just did an "out of the box" build, some kits are easier to go nut with....:)

It always amazes me when people actually make a modern day, working props using more advanced tech than existed when the original TV show prop was made. Great work! Time to put a Laser pointer in the Stun Gun!

It always amazes me when people actually make a modern day, working props using more advanced tech than existed when the original TV show prop was made. Great work! Time to put a Laser pointer in the Stun Gun!
Thanks for the encouragement and support....:) As for the stun gun, I'm not building any of them and if anyone in the US or Canada has a couple of comlocks they would like to trade please feel free to send me a PM....(y)

Attachments

• Space 1999 Stun.jpg
    Space 1999 Stun.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 110
It is a fun problem to have don't you think.....:lol:

Maybe? I always start at the, "OK, let's not go overboard this time" as I'm openin' that box, but before I realize what's even happening...

I've waded off into this same situation right here...
DSCN0325.jpg

EXCEPT, unlike you, I don't have a clue, a plan or even an idea.

This is part one of the installation of the remote control that I'm putting in the comlocks. Had a bit of a issue with the encoder/decoder set, I found that the encoder needs to cycle power for each key stroke, makes sense since this pairs are found in battery operated remotes.

Attachments

• R2 Comlock mod47.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod47.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 69
  • R2 Comlock mod48.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod48.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 67
  • R2 Comlock mod50.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod50.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 70
This is part two of the building, testing and installing of the remote control for my Comlock.

Attachments

• R2 Comlock mod55.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod55.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 95
  • R2 Comlock mod54.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod54.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 84
  • R2 Comlock mod53.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod53.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 75
  • R2 Comlock mod52.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod52.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 82
It's been a few weeks since the last update, I set the project aside as I had a bit of an issue with the smallest GM tube for the Geiger Counter that is going into the Comlock, it had very little volume and the red LED was very dim. I ordered parts and just received them last week. The mod I need to do to the circuit worked so here is the update. I'm posting the schematic for the Geiger Counter circuit without the mods I made since it's only relevant if the SBM-21 micro Geiger tube is used, also, don't ground the output of the transformer as shown in the schematic, as I believe it's an error.

Attachments

• G24846.pdf
    156.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Geiger Mueller tubes.jpg
    Geiger Mueller tubes.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 68
  • R2 Comlock mod57.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod57.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 63
  • R2 Comlock mod56.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod56.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 63
This is the point in the project where things can go wrong if I don't take my time, work has to slow as epoxies dry any paint needs to be added. The screens are in and wiring has started, now it looks like a Comlock....:)

Attachments

• R2 Comlock mod66.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod66.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 53
  • R2 Comlock mod67.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod67.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 58
  • R2 Comlock mod65.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod65.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 60
I got the video transceiver installed and working, great days.... Even with all the modding and cutting down on the Spygear motherboard, the fit is still very snug. Taking my time truly works...:whistle:

Attachments

• R2 Comlock mod78.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod78.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 75
  • R2 Comlock mod77.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod77.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 84
  • R2 Comlock mod76.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod76.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 85
  • R2 Comlock mod75.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod75.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 80
  • R2 Comlock mod73.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod73.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 86
  • R2 Comlock mod71.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod71.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 73
  • R2 Comlock mod69.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod69.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 79
It was a tight fit but it's all in there, the geiger counter will be added sometime in the future. next will be the decals and screen frame.

Attachments

• R2 Comlock mod80.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod80.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 78
  • R2 Comlock mod83.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod83.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 74
  • R2 Comlock mod85.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod85.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 83
  • R2 Comlock mod86.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod86.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 76
  • R2 Comlock mod87.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod87.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 82
Wow. So this is what you've been doing with your spare time.

Glad to see the improvements - but I still think an eInk screen for the OLED would look great. :)

Wow. So this is what you've been doing with your spare time.

Glad to see the improvements - but I still think an eInk screen for the OLED would look great. :)
As the weather gets nicer I'll have less time to work on all the projects I have going right now. Last year I couldn't get anyone to put in the landscaping at my house so I'll be calling some companies tomorrow so they can start early and try again this year, no one seems to want to work anymore. I have some electrical work I need done, putting in a level 2 charger for my new Hyundai Ioniq 5, out of the 6 electricians I called to get quotes from only heard back from one, luckily he will be out next week to do the work.....(y)(y)(y) As for using e-ink over OLED for the small displays, I have a few of the OLEDs left so they got used. What have you been up to lately, you haven't posted for some time, it's good to hear from you.....:)

Last edited:
Well, there's this place called work - you remember that place? Working on getting a final product out to our EU friends - had me in the plant for 4 weeks straight, 7 days a week... plus travel back and forth... but I won't bore you with the details.

Projects have been slow for me, as a lot of the ideas that came up were due to our brainstorming whilst goofing off at work. I have severe issues doing projects with no clearly defined end goals. My ATOS train sign thing got more or less finished, had the entire thing running off a Teensy with a separate board for the audio. I tried to teach the kid how to program LED panels, but I still fail to realize she is just interested in the end product and could not care less about the process of getting to it - which is the fun part.

Well, there's this place called work - you remember that place? Working on getting a final product out to our EU friends - had me in the plant for 4 weeks straight, 7 days a week... plus travel back and forth... but I won't bore you with the details.

Projects have been slow for me, as a lot of the ideas that came up were due to our brainstorming whilst goofing off at work. I have severe issues doing projects with no clearly defined end goals. My ATOS train sign thing got more or less finished, had the entire thing running off a Teensy with a separate board for the audio. I tried to teach the kid how to program LED panels, but I still fail to realize she is just interested in the end product and could not care less about the process of getting to it - which is the fun part.
I have a vague memory of that thing you speak of, "work", though I don't go to a job anymore, the house and yard take up a lot of time, especially
in the summer....:lol: I'm always up for new projects, not that I need more distractions, but with Zoom calls making like we're in the same room, hit me with some ideas and lets see were we go from there....(y)

It's finished at last.......:lol: This version went together much faster then the resin builds I did years ago, I'm glad to be done and they turned out o.k., on to the next project.....

Attachments

• R2 Comlock mod92.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod92.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 64
  • R2 Comlock mod94.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod94.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 64
  • R2 Comlock mod95.jpg
    R2 Comlock mod95.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 62
Great job on the build!
Thanks, I've decided to use up the remaining Spy Gear video walkie-talkies so this will be my winter project and that will be it for the comlocks, I just need one more kit but without the stun gun, never was into weapons.....

Attachments

• Last Comlock build01.jpg
    Last Comlock build01.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 34

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back