Round 2 1/72 Space: 1999 Eagle transport WIP

Well, the Eagle is done and dusted. Thinking of displaying her in a similar fashion to my Hawks, mounting it on the wall in a shadow box. The real trick is finding one that fits the model's dimensions.

QD8XgQd.jpg

3ihXX3D.jpg

3MkIIzl.jpg

iC6b6hj.jpg

blvcMDH.jpg

iNdzZLT.jpg

I1s4SBJ.jpg

kpdLicM.jpg

bCZdaPY.jpg

I guess after clearning the workbench I should get cracking on my next project... ;)

Q5N2FZT.jpg

ooh...I've got the Academy God Phoenix kit as well

I know people complain about the shape and that the new Wave one is more accurate shape wise but I actually prefer the Academy kit

I like the sleeker look and I think it has better details

ooh...I've got the Academy God Phoenix kit as well

I know people complain about the shape and that the new Wave one is more accurate shape wise but I actually prefer the Academy kit

I like the sleeker look and I think it has better details
Did you build it yet? Thinking of painting mine.

Beautifully built and finished Eagle mate ! Can’t wait to see your Phoenix build. Just wondering how you went with your Deago MF ?

Ged

Not yet

I am definitely going to paint and very slightly weather mine as I will be going for a more "realistic" look

I did that with a lot of my Space Battleship Yamato stuff
I opened mine last night. The blue is certainly a good match for what I saw on TV, and I'd consider going over it with some sort of matte clear but there are swirls visible from the molding process.

Prime and paint it is then.

I opened mine last night. The blue is certainly a good match for what I saw on TV, and I'd consider going over it with some sort of matte clear but there are swirls visible from the molding process.

Prime and paint it is then.

That certainly is a possibility

There were a few of the Yamato 2199 models that had a very unique color that seemed hard to get right so I use some Testor's dull coat on the bare plastic and them weathered like normal.

They turned out well enough and it is hard to tell they are not painted with a traditional base coat

But yeah, if there are any gaps that need to be filled or surface issues then paint may be better

This show I use to watch as a kid but never new the name of it and didn’t even know where to begin to find it. God Phoenix didn’t ring a bell as it’s been years but this photos did. Now off to YouTube to see how my memory of this show has held up! Thanks for sharing that photo and I look forward to ur new build. Beautiful work by the way!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back