ROTS Vader Reveal Casting & Build Up with Semi ROTJ

Its a photomultiplier tube, the main parts needed are referred to as dynodes. Much like the other vintage items in this hobby, if sold, they can go for abhorrently high prices or can be found relatively affordable in old supply/surplus shops.

Wow! I googled it, it’s like a vacuum tube that detects light?!

Crazy! I have seen some Vader reveals real active here and was curious what the heck this thing was made for lol

Never would have thought it was what it is, I was thinking some kind of filter or heat element thanks for clarifying

The correct circle back ones are harder to find, I'm finding the square backed ones are plentiful, at least where I'm located. Its a cool found item, not every version looks like the one used in the reveal but even then, theyd make cool kitbash parts.

He did, it was extremely limited but he did his research on it: Fettpride.com

I had always wanted one but the full price for a kit was out of my reach, I believe I was in highschool at the time. Sadly the threads on it here are all mostly dead and photos gone. Hoping to revitalize it with all of this.
Great work, I love the intricacies inside the ROTS helmet so much more to see than ROTJ reveal, one day I will have them both

My thread is Not dead, just slow :whistle::lol:
Can’t rush a good thing ;)

Great work, I love the intricacies inside the ROTS helmet so much more to see than ROTJ reveal, one day I will have them both

My thread is Not dead, just slow :whistle::lol:
Can’t rush a good thing ;)

Thank you! Ah, I meant the threads on the FP reveal were dead with photos gone and what not. Yours and Kroenen's threads are what are pushing me to convert a GH ROTJ into a reveal base now. That, if this build was an indication, is going to be a huge but worthy time sink.

feel free to message me, I'm definitely not going to be doing commissions on these anymore unless its for a special reason but currently waiting to get out of the cold wet weather to proceed further on it (dome, neck, etc)

You truly did an amazing jog. Your patience definitely has paid off. This has always been my holy grail and can only dram of owning one just as beautiful as this one. However, I know I can't every afford one, or have the skills nor the knowledge to construct one myself.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back