ROTS Vader helmet sources?

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Now that I have my Cody, Jango, Boba and Rex helmets squared away, I now turn to shopping for a ST (ANH) helmet and a Vader ROTS helmet. I know about the current go-to source on the ST. I have no idea where to go for the ROTS Vader. Little help?

As always, you are welcome to post here, or communicate via PM if you prefer.

Thanks!

Well MR came out with THE ROTS Vader lid. I say THE because it was molded from a screenused helmet. Your best bet is eBay, they come up every once in a while and go for $500-$1000.

First choice is the MR. I'd buy the buy the Porty if I couldn't find and MR. There was a raw MR copy floating around around for awhile a couple years ago on Ebay. It had no screen or lenses, those were $199

All of the Portumacs I've seen have also not been symetrical.

Portumac stopped selling them years ago. So I think ebay or maybe a WTB thread in the junkyard are your best options.

First choice is the MR. I'd buy the buy the Porty if I couldn't find and MR. There was a raw MR copy floating around around for awhile a couple years ago on Ebay. It had no screen or lenses, those were $199

Yeah... I think that was costumebase. It was an obvious recast of the MR. They stopped selling them over a year ago and have said that will not sell anymore.

The MR is definitely the most (just about 100%) accurate.

Porty on the left
P1014313.jpg

P1014314.jpg

Porty mask
P1013274.jpg

P1013271.jpg

P1013272.jpg

As you can see, the dome sits too high. I sold this to a guy in Florida who modified the mounting system, lowered the dome and it looks great.
P1013275.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back