RotS style training lightsaber replica

Jennigirl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First pic is my version, second is the original I based it off.
I built this "training lightsaber"out of a bunch of junk I had lying around, so essentially it cost me nothing but the time to make it.
Made from a piece of bamboo, some pvc, and a piece of steel fence tube. It is secured with 2 small screws.
It's more or less a display piece as the green paint is latex paint, and would come right off if it hit anything.

Attachments

• 20220115_201855.jpg
    20220115_201855.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20220115-182851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115-182851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 104

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
heeeey I love it, a replica of a production used piece, I hadn't looked closely at this one. It's literally bamboo. Is the PVC the "filler" in the metal tube?

Jennigirl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
heeeey I love it, a replica of a production used piece, I hadn't looked closely at this one. It's literally bamboo. Is the PVC the "filler" in the metal tube?
Yes it is. The tube is a about 1.25" in diameter while the bamboo was only .75" so I needed a filler. The pvc wouldn't go all the way in so there are 3" long sections at each end.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.