ROTS Obi-wan and Anakin lightsaber Project (OWK preview on pg 11)

I have had to have so much self control not to buy other versions of this hilt while waiting for this one. Can’t wait.
Same! One particular vendor makes a nice version but I'm holding out for a Starkiller.

Last edited:
What's the finish on the Anakin hilt going to be like? The one on the azarian hilt looks really dull, especially when compared to the propstore one.
Personally I think the propstore finish is much nicer and definitely more coheasive as a whole. The azarian hilt looks more like a toy to me tbh.

1657765704224.png
1657765725010.png

What's the finish on the Anakin hilt going to be like? The one on the azarian hilt looks really dull, especially when compared to the propstore one.
Personally I think the propstore finish is much nicer and definitely more coheasive as a whole. The azarian hilt looks more like a toy to me tbh.

View attachment 1597596View attachment 1597597
You probably won't like my version then because it will be raw aluminum like the Azarian hilt and the one MR referenced. If you want all chrome, there already are a bunch of replicas that do that.

Anakin Ep 3 6.jpg
repaired.jpg

This is the prop that MR referenced and this will be what I'm shooting for with the Anakin. It will have an aluminum body. Chrome resin ears and bulb release. But the copper button and glass eye will be real copper, or at least copper plated, rather than the painted copper on the chromed stunts and the Azarian.

Last edited:
View attachment 1597764View attachment 1597765

This will be what I'm shooting for with the Anakin. It will have an aluminum body. Chrome resin ears and bulb release. But the copper button and glass eye will be real copper, or at least copper plated, rather than the painted copper on the chromed stunts and the Azarian.
That looks fantastic, it can’t hurt having both a full chrome and your aluminium anyway. The finish in those photos looks almost chrome anyway. I assume the aluminium will be polished to get that shiny look?

Last edited:
Hmm are the bunny ears and bulb ring/socket ring going to attach the same way as on the original prop? (3 set screws on the ears and one main center threading on the ring? Just.... curious

wcccuL8.jpg

iAT3e2B.jpg

cMAPC5y.jpg

IOJgAlc.jpg

Here is the OWK with the static emitter option (there will also be a FX option)
This one copies the Original prop saber MR referenced for their replica. Which you can see on Star Wars online

The control box is chrome plated resin cast from an original part. The rest of the saber is aluminum(except the control box card and covertec) and has been painted to match the original. Glossy grenade, satin booster. The neck is a 4 part paint process. It is hollow and can accept electronics. Sound vents under the pommel when the pommel is reoriented and a small gap between booster and pommel is exposed.

Although it is possible to FX this piece. It really is designed to be a static display piece that preserves the details of the original prop, warts and all.

Looks amazing. What’s up with the clamp card? The lines look thinner and the circles looks closer to the edges than the original prop? Is that an optical illusion?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back