ROTS Obi-wan and Anakin lightsaber Project (OWK preview on pg 11)

Perhaps the clamp was made from an existing chrome plated copper pipe/rod?

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I'm looking at some other pics and seeing sort of divots showing shallow air holes in the chrome clamp. The extream close up might be making us think this scratch is far deeper then we think.

Attachments

• Chrome scratch.jpg
    Chrome scratch.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 257
123069762_858615228007171_684176889142277834_n.jpg

Hey Guys,

I was looking over this picture tonight, trying to figure out what the little greeblie on the clamp section is. And I had an idea that it might be a security screwdriver bit, that's been turned down on a lathe.

038902004376.jpg

I don't think this part was made from scratch, and looking at these pics, the part looks steel, as apposed to all other materials on the prop.

Grenade model.jpg

Roy helped me out nailing down the grenade geometry on the OWK saber. We're trying to match the grooves and on the Propstore saber 100%. It's a little bit different than the MR saber. On the propstore version, the horizontal grooves bisect the penultimate (to the emitter) grip ring a bit more directly then the MR. And they don't quite extend as far to the base (by the clamp section) either.

I was able to get a lot of cad work done on this project over the last couple days. So stay tuned for more info coming your way.

looks good, do those grips smooth round? if not you need to split them down the center and pull them out a little and bevel the edge to create more pointed profile they have. Here's a little markup of what I mean
owk1.jpg

View attachment 1368195

Hey Guys,

I was looking over this picture tonight, trying to figure out what the little greeblie on the clamp section is. And I had an idea that it might be a security screwdriver bit, that's been turned down on a lathe.

View attachment 1368196

I don't think this part was made from scratch, and looking at these pics, the part looks steel, as apposed to all other materials on the prop.
good eye on the fluted tapered recesses around it. Could very well be a bit... had to be cut down a LOT and I'm not sure the center hold extends that far

Someone on facebook thought that greebly on the clamp was a security screw for some Nintendo console. I've ditched facebook so can't search in the groups but I'm sure it's in the Thin Neck group.

Someone on facebook thought that greebly on the clamp was a security screw for some Nintendo console. I've ditched facebook so can't search in the groups but I'm sure it's in the Thin Neck group.

To my eyes it looks more like the driver bit (ground way down) than the screw, but there appears to be a hex or other shape cut into the hole in the greeblie.

Here’s a similar driver bit:

IMG_6069.png

I think anything you want to do would be both satisfying to you and interesting to me. I say go for it! I am Interested to see the outcome!
I don't think I totally understand what you mean. All I said is that it would be interesting to see what's going on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back