ROTS Obi-wan and Anakin lightsaber Project (OWK preview on pg 11)

No, I would like one too.

View attachment 1346952
Ironically, I've been trying to get this project sorted for year and have lost around $1000 dollars in paying for prints, molds, and prototypes.

The problem with doing runs of cast sabers is the startup cost it high because of mold making and then you need to have order sized in excess of 300 pieces in order for it to make the project worth it to the companies. I did the Maul saber, because you can cut that in half with two casts to each prop. But even doing so. I still have a number of Maul kits that haven't moved nearly as quickly as the Machined Aluminum FX kits I've done.

Ironically, I've been trying to get this project sorted for year and have lost around $1000 dollars in paying for prints, molds, and prototypes.

The problem with doing runs of cast sabers is the startup cost it high because of mold making and then you need to have order sized in excess of 300 pieces in order for it to make the project worth it to the companies. I did the Maul saber, because you can cut that in half with two casts to each prop. But even doing so. I still have a number of Maul kits that haven't moved nearly as quickly as the Machined Aluminum FX kits I've done.

Well the Obi TPM saber was cast from a static metal & resin/delrin hero prop... maybe we should follow this process and you should do another run of those... [emoji6]

yea - I've been dying for mixed media prequel hilts faithful to the props or threaded rod embedded hilts, etc.

I don't think anyone is doing something like this and I'm in!

also a super weird looking anakin hilt there... just an allen screw up front, a more normal looking red button..

Last edited:
1599787823406.png

1599787917809.png

i think there were two versions of the ani`s graflex.That stunt`s T-tracks were more thiner than the other one.The design makes it easier for the actors to hold on.Maybe they only just change the size of T-tracks. :oops:

There's one with box flipped too.

Honestly the ROTS sabers were practically mass produced, stunts stood on for heroes, there's multiple editing gaffs-- it's next to impossible to track the props.

Vote for ROTS Ani and Obi stunts. A replica of the Azarian Anakin “Skinnyflex” would be good too since it’s one of the props made for ROTS. There are too many shiny, chromed fx version of the Anakin and Obi Wan ROTS hero hilts floating around.

View attachment 1347283
View attachment 1347285
i think there were two versions of the ani`s graflex.That stunt`s T-tracks were more thiner than the other one.The design makes it easier for the actors to hold on.Maybe they only just change the size of T-tracks. :oops:

Something's going on with the grip section of this stunt that I could never figure out. I wonder if it might be reduced to 1.25" around the grips or something?

I am in! I have a few FX hilts but not enough static hilts and to echo everyone on here, there is a lot of choice out there for these. I love the Prequel hilts as much as I love the OT hilts. I've been eyeing up your resin Maul and will definitely be picking up one.
I would love an Anakin Skinnyflex and an OWK made as close as possible to what was used on set. Maybe even a TPM OWK with a threaded rod in it.

I mean, first gen castings off the original pieces on a static hilt would be something really special to have!

Anakin’s dueling stunt has a narrower diameter than the hero hilt with low profile rubber grips (four instead of six) and also a thin neck to make it easier to spin.

Last edited:
Something's going on with the grip section of this stunt that I could never figure out. I wonder if it might be reduced to 1.25" around the grips or something?
I think maybe they change the control box`s size too.because when they fight each other,most time they hold the hilts and we can only see the two sides of the sabers.But i can sure the stunt saber T-tracks were lower than the clamp.And base of the photo,i guess they just remove the top of the t-tracks.

Pretty exciting to see that prop store will be auctioning off the very OWK ROTS prop that I've been interested in here. It's clear that this prop is a combination of aluminum and resin parts. I know the clamp section is plated resin. But, which other parts are resin (grenade? neck" booster?) is not 100% certain. Thoughts? I hope that as more pictures surface we can nail down some more specifics. If any prop shop people want to chime in... it's always appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-10-19T230516Z_1646106212_RC2ZLJ942615_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-AUCTION-MOVIE-MEMORABILIA.jpg
    2020-10-19T230516Z_1646106212_RC2ZLJ942615_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-AUCTION-MOVIE-MEMORABILIA.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 560
  • 2020-10-19T230526Z_524001158_RC2ZLJ9U3D2K_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-AUCTION-MOVIE-MEMORABILIA.jpg
    2020-10-19T230526Z_524001158_RC2ZLJ9U3D2K_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-AUCTION-MOVIE-MEMORABILIA.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 474
  • newFile-9.jpg
    newFile-9.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 541
  • Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Lightsaber-Prop-Store-2020-Auction.jpeg
    Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Lightsaber-Prop-Store-2020-Auction.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 485
  • prop-store.jpg
    prop-store.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 522
is that Peter’s costume from Hook over his shoulder? I’ve been trying to find good pictures of that for a long time. I searched their site though and it isn’t listed

So wicked! I should have stuck with my oring so windvane color! Damn!

Second, I never seen on any other replica the windvane going up inside the emitter

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back