ROTS lightsaber Cast from Original Parts Project discussion (New Big Update on Page 7)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
These look great, but I thought they were clearly machined aluminum on the original?
On the one recently auctioned by propstore the pommel is aluminum. But, on other hero and stunt props the pommels are sometimes plated cast resin. In this picture, you can see a plated resin pommel and an aluminum clamp section mixed and matched differently.
star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-props-prop-store-london-jun-2016-shutterstock-editor...jpg

I want to offer as many lineage parts with this replica as possible and replicate the mixed media style of the original parts, so I had my original pommel duplicated.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here are some photos and videos of the cast from original plated resin parts in all their perfect-imperfect glory :)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited to be doing something a bit different to the majority of pristine replicas out there. I'm going for the walked off the set feeling to these.

ecl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Loving the progress on this. And thumbs up to “perfect-imperfect”—I’m not a fan of sanitized! Can’t wait to see how these turn out.

Last edited: