Interest ENDED: ROTJ STUNT R2 Lightsaber.....yeah that one.

Looks great, was it easy enough to drill for the ring? Also could you share the recipe for your colour choice?
Thanks

Drilling was actually easier than I thought it would be. I started with a smaller drill bit first. Even though it’s hard to get the drill bit to angle completely level with the part, it was close enough for the ring to fit in right. The metal rod I had around here was 3/32“ in diameter; not sure what the original is, but it’s as close as I can get for now.

Paint wise, I had to use what I happened to have on hand: Duplicolor ‘Silver Met’ for the base coat. I‘ve used this stuff on Trek props and the paint always goes one real nice. This silver also has a decent metallic shine to it. For the hand painted details, I just used various acrylic Vallejo paints that I’ve used on my studio scale models. Black, Gold, and Dark Blue (mixed with some black) for the stripe detailing on the box. I then lightly weathered parts of the saber using the acrylics, but thinned down heavily with glaze medium. After the gold parts were done, I tinted it slightly with a glaze medium mixed with a touch of Light Rust color to slightly darken the gold a bit more as well.

Last edited:
Drilling was actually easier than I thought it would be. I started with a smaller drill bit first. Even though it’s hard to get the drill bit to angle completely level with the part, it was close enough for the ring to fit in right. The metal rod I had around here was 3/32“ in diameter; not sure what the original is, but it’s as close as I can get for now.

Paint wise, I had to use what I happened to have on hand: Duplicolor ‘Silver Met’ for the base coat. I‘ve used this stuff on Trek props and the paint always goes one real nice. This silver also has a decent metallic shine to it. For the hand painted details, I just used various acrylic Vallejo paints that I’ve used on my studio scale models. Black, Gold, and Dark Blue (mixed with some black) for the stripe detailing on the box. I then lightly weathered parts of the saber using the acrylics, but thinned down heavily with glaze medium. After the gold parts were done, I tinted it slightly with a glaze medium mixed with a touch of Light Rust color to slightly darken the gold a bit more as well.
Thanks for the detailed info! It did the job well. I see the gold parts painted with copper paint sometimes and it looks abit funny. Yours looks closer than them.
Also good to note that the resin drills well, i would of started with a fine drill bit like you did

Got mine today, thank you! Light grey resin is nice - also, thank you for letting us chop the pommel flush ourselves I really like that

I do have some historical questions - was the cast you have oval? also, were the set screw hole and nipple clay-ed in on yours? I've seen those open on other casts

Yes the cast I have is oval. That is inherent and part of the prop I received. Yes those areas seem to have been filled. Not sure why but I'd guess for ease of pour? Again, happy you all are digging these. ECL, that paint job is primo!

N

They look great, all the odd details is what is so cool about these sabers. The props they made for rotj would have been far from perfect, no time to get them 100% , just pump em out!
Still really looking foward to mine to be made, i need a project to help the hours pass

Yes the cast I have is oval. That is inherent and part of the prop I received. Yes those areas seem to have been filled. Not sure why but I'd guess for ease of pour? Again, happy you all are digging these. ECL, that paint job is primo!

N
Hello there,

I expressed interest way long ago I was among the first, but I totally lost the train on this, when was said to send the e-mail.
When I figured out it was late, I tried to send an e-mail to the address given a few pages back (boatsgomissing@gmail.com) but never got an answer, try getting one copy for me.
Is it still possible to have one please? You can pm me if possible would You??

Thank You in advance,

Alberto

Hello there,

I expressed interest way long ago I was among the first, but I totally lost the train on this, when was said to send the e-mail.
When I figured out it was late, I tried to send an e-mail to the address given a few pages back (boatsgomissing@gmail.com) but never got an answer, try getting one copy for me.
Is it still possible to have one please? You can pm me if possible would You??

Thank You in advance,

Alberto
Three posts up - BrundelFly said "Any further interest please contact me."

So... you need to PM BrundelFly here on the board.

Terrible ipotato pic but I just got around to starting the paint process and wanted to thank you again for the run, Nathan!
0BCF8EF5-B148-4C34-B0D9-5ED3E3949223.jpeg

Editing to add that I know the paint is too shiny but it was a gift for my son and he’s calling the shots ha ha.

Last edited:
Has anyone in the UK who ordered received their parcel yet?

Just wondered with all the delays with the current situation if any had landed here in the UK?

Cheers

Yes I have had 4 shipped to the UK.
First three ordered mid Jan arrived early March
Ordered another late March and arrived mid April.
All good with Nathan and worth the wait.
Got a few other things in transit from the US from other RPF members. Two items are taking absolutely ages clearing UK customs. One left US 23rd April, got to the UK 30th April, still stuck a month later crawling through customs.

That's good to hear.
Did you get stung with customs for the saber shipped on it's own?
If so what was the damage?
Ordered mine end of Jan, Nathan said mine had shipped weeks ago....just wondered what the timescale was like getting over here.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back