Interest ENDED: ROTJ STUNT R2 Lightsaber.....yeah that one.

Hey guys and gals. I’m so happy you are digging the ones I’ve sent this far. For the still outstanding orders, I must say the mold is behaving really nicely, less bubbles and better results. That said, it’s only a matter of time before it deteriorates. Folks inquiring, please PM me for details and I will extend the run in the wake of this virus. Give you all something to paint or obsess over!
Best,
Nathan

Do they all come out squished, like mine is? Like the two sides of the mold were held together with too much pressure while it was curing? Mine is definitely wonky. Are they all like this?

0313202156.jpg
0313202156a.jpg
0226201355.jpg
0226201355a.jpg
0226201355b.jpg
0226201356.jpg
0226201356a.jpg
0226201356b.jpg

Last edited:
I’d love to know if that bubble on the back of the activation box was on the original too. I’ve seen it on all of them and just want to know if I should remove it or not.

hey there I sent an email but I'm not sure do I need to send a pm as well or wait for the email response? thanks and cant wait to buy one of these bad boys

I filled pinholes on a recast rotj saber with baking soda and then put drops of superglue on them, and they hardened up!

Guys and gals,

That bubble should be removed, it is an artifact on my end. When filling bubbles I use that superglue/talc method for things on edges and squadron signal or bondo putty on larger areas as it doesn't have much strength but feathers really well.
I have mailed a bunch of sabers today. Those who have waited patiently I thank you. The delays were out of my hand but still I know how much you all want these in your collections and workbenches, I get it. The mold took a big old crap today so I am remolding over the weekend which will give me a little chance to improve, fullfill outstanding orders and then retire it for a while as I focus on other things. I'll be sending some confirmations out now. Once again, thank you for being a great community and for those that reached out regarding my girl, an extra digital high five!

Nathan

Guys and gals,

That bubble should be removed, it is an artifact on my end. When filling bubbles I use that superglue/talc method for things on edges and squadron signal or bondo putty on larger areas as it doesn't have much strength but feathers really well.
I have mailed a bunch of sabers today. Those who have waited patiently I thank you. The delays were out of my hand but still I know how much you all want these in your collections and workbenches, I get it. The mold took a big old crap today so I am remolding over the weekend which will give me a little chance to improve, fullfill outstanding orders and then retire it for a while as I focus on other things. I'll be sending some confirmations out now. Once again, thank you for being a great community and for those that reached out regarding my girl, an extra digital high five!

Nathan

wicked!

Cool, mine arrived today! It’s a really solid casting. I did a tiny bit of clean up (not much that needed to be done), and sprayed a layer of primer on it. I like the way it looks as is....not sure if I want to even paint it yet.

Thanks for making these available! What a cool piece :)

FF75AEEC-7D68-4DEB-B09B-515863B9F6C6.jpeg
3E1432C6-48ED-4243-BCEC-5CF4845CADE0.jpeg

4B2DC844-29C8-43CF-8026-DFFF19AC0BF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys - I know Dann mentioned that his saber looked a bit oval or squashed... and I AM curious if that's how the original was?

but I just noticed something else! The ever so slightly sunken rear of the control box is on the original in the archives. I almost see an oval emitter body too - looking at Seth's guide

this cast is so cool

Guys - I know Dann mentioned that his saber looked a bit oval or squashed... and I AM curious if that's how the original was?

but I just noticed something else! The ever so slightly sunken rear of the control box is on the original in the archives. I almost see an oval emitter body too - looking at Seth's guide

this cast is so cool

Can you share the reference images please? :)

or at least a link?

For all that have received theirs already - if you want to do a finish similar to the resin prop that was part of the MoM exhibit, I've compiled as many images of it as I could find! This is a link to a google drive folder of them. *Note: None of these images are mine, and have all been found via Flickr pages, theRPF, and YouTube Videos.

Haven't received a confirmation for mine, but I'm really looking forward to getting it!

For all that have received theirs already - if you want to do a finish similar to the resin prop that was part of the MoM exhibit, I've compiled as many images of it as I could find! This is a link to a google drive folder of them. *Note: None of these images are mine, and have all been found via Flickr pages, theRPF, and YouTube Videos.

Haven't received a confirmation for mine, but I'm really looking forward to getting it!

thanks for much for posting these! I‘m in the process of painting mine right now.

Here are some quick screenshots, for what it's worth. Box above the black buttons is a little sunken (and a little smaller), I've seen this on 2 recasts, this casting and the originals.

Looks like the emitter/windvane are a little oval or have a flattened side on the left in the last snap

check your casts!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.44.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.44.55 PM.png
    579.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.45.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.45.30 PM.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 198
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.45.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.45.57 PM.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 220
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back