ROTJ Sidious cloak/clothes complete (images)

kropserkel

Anyone who has attempted this costume will know how difficult it is to locate a loose waffle weave textile, with the right colouration (black/grey/blue) to match the ROTJ looking cloak set. Despite popular belief that this was black, it is actually a lighter hue as shown, and is understandable for contrast on film, especially in the dark sets in which this character appeared.

Shown here are the two layers to this suit, and a close up of the textile that we hand dyed and treated to closely approximate the fabric we saw at the Smithsonian exhibit some years ago.

More details, and our first incarnation of the cloak can be seen on our page at
ROTJ Sidious Cloak page
rotjs1.jpg
rotjs2.jpg
rotjs3.jpg
rotjscu.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Glad to see you guys are still working on this project. I used monk's cloth for mine and after the rugged dye job came pretty close to what you came up with. I LOVE the way you get the hood to drape. Mine doesn't drape as good as this. Keep up the good work up there.

Hey Scott,
what is the possibility of the outer robe/sleeves being lined with the same material??? I've found it just makes the material hang better(bulkier). And can there be a center seam across the top of the hood for an "Emperor" version??? One last thing, can the inner robe be made of a different material from the outer?? Peace,

Dave

Thanks all for the kind words about the piece.
I also appreciate the constructive criticisms in order to improve upon it.
vaderdarth, if you have custom modifications that you would like implemented, we would be happy to entertain them. You are best to correspond with Brenda@kropserkel.com who can better address these for you.
I have mentioned these to her, and as she is the 'hands-on' with this piece, you would be talking to the right person.
Thanks for your interest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kropserkel @ May 3 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1237849[/snapback]</div>
sorry, double post. The system was on molasses.
[/b]

Thanks Scott, I really should have known that already, as many times as we have done business. :)

I'll contact Brenda and discuss what I have in mind. I'm trying to get my idea of the definitive Palpatine Jedi robes and If anyone can pull it off it would be Brenda. :)

Dave

if brenda is up to the challenge of making an ultra correct version of the Anakin EP II cloak let me know, and i'll give her all the info i have

NWJEDI
dave

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back