ROTJ Reveal Saber Showoff

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice, solid construction! Totally jazzed about this saber. I don't know if I can bring myself to weather it! Tolerances are so tight, it emits a puff of air when it is snapped shut. :love

reveal01z.jpg

reveal02z.jpg

reveal03z.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome.

I definitely wouldn't weather the outside of it, but maybe a light wash on the inside like oil residue down in between all the little crevasses. Would really make the details pop.:cool

You are correct. I didn't want to over-do it because these components would be covered most of the time. With a black wash of acrylic paint and alcohol, I gently went over the internals. When the wash dried, I gently rubbed the higher areas with a damp paper towel. I also put a line across the bottom transistor with a green sharpie. :thumbsup

reveal04z.jpg

Last edited:
Love the green stripe! I just did mine.

Nice little wash you have in there, too.

This is how the aging progress works. You'll get a little braver and braver and before ya know it, you'll start sanding and scraping on it! :lol

Omg! Nice snag! I was hoping someone I knew would get one!

The subtle weathering looks great!

Now to talk my way into a visit to see it...

I mean to see YOU!

Yeah, that's the ticket! :lol

Last edited:
Hey Clutch... that light wash really looks good. Shows off the details. Would love to see more pictures of the piece after your weathering job.

Thanks! I'm thinking that is all the weathering I shall do for now. It is just too pretty to muck up.

Ken: You coming to GMX in October?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back