Limited Run ROTJ Jabba's Palace Guard Blaster DL-18 Parts - Spares Available!

The side parts are done. I will be finishing up my scope blueprint today and will probably start machining a scope prototype next week.

I'll post pictures and prices for the scopes and mounts in a few weeks. :)

The blueprint for the scope is 90% complete. I was able to verify (by measurement) that the missing "tip" is probably a microphone or headphone mini plug.
The blueprint should be completed late tomorrow with machining beginning the next day.

The blueprint for the scope is complete. I will start machining the prototype tomorrow.

I should be able to machine the scope as a single piece with the exception of the four "pegs" near the rear of the scope.
Possible resin casts will be single pieces.

The scope is about 80% complete and the mount is pending.

As for machined aluminum scopes, I'm now looking at around $250 each and to be honest, I'm not interested in doing a machined run of these.

Resin scopes with mounts are doable at around $20 for the scope and $5 for the mount.

I have a question for every one in regards to the mount. Would it help if two holes were drilled through it for mounting to the pistol? I can probably include a couple of bolts to go with it.

The scope is about 80% complete and the mount is pending.

As for machined aluminum scopes, I'm now looking at around $250 each and to be honest, I'm not interested in doing a machined run of these.

Resin scopes with mounts are doable at around $20 for the scope and $5 for the mount.

I have a question for every one in regards to the mount. Would it help if two holes were drilled through it for mounting to the pistol? I can probably include a couple of bolts to go with it.

I think the two holes with bolts would be great.

I've added you.

So the resin mounts will include two holes with bolts for mounting.

I will be adding the four small details to the back of scope prototype today.
Unfortunately, the switch on my Milling machine went out and I had to special order a replacement, so it will be about a week
before I can finish up the small details near the front of the scope and the scope mount.

While waiting on that switch, I will prep the scope for molding next week.

I have a blueprint made up for the mount, but I'm not sure about the measurement I have for the width, which is 5/8".
Can some one give me the width of that top area of the pellet gun?

I want to make sure that the width of the mount isn't larger than that top area of the gun. Thanks. :)

I've verified with Scott that the width for the mount looks good.

Even better, I now have the measurement between the two mounting holes at the top of the gun. However, if some one can give me the thread size for those holes I can include the correct size bolts for these.

Don't mean to steal the thread but since I am using some of Vinces first batch of metal side pieces and it is my 3d printed scope used as reference in the thread I thought I'd share my WIP and first version of the DL-18, I have two more I'm working on. Ironically I dropped the scope and it cracked as well as broke off the tip, hopefully I'll have steady hands on the other two.
5999d59de87b28208dbb3a14a91815fc.jpg

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back