Rose/Wang P1 - My first attempt at airbrushing

JaggerWolf

So I ordered two masks from Ruffkin and have been biting at the bit to start painting them but had to hold of until I could afford an airbrush. My airbrush arrived yesterday and I got right to work, so here we are - all thats left is to paint the lower mandibles and all the teeth, and a coat of permawet once I get it.
The colors are based on the suit I am working on that I bought from Batmanvspredator - I hope to start posting my WIP pics of the suit soon.

base3.jpg

base4.jpg

base6.jpg

base7.jpg

base9.jpg

base10.jpg

base11.jpg

base12.jpg

unpainted.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same mask, and have been hesitant to get at airbrushing it. Can you tell me what you painted it with, mixture of paint, that type of thing.

Thanks

The base colors in the first pics was a mixture of acrylics and rubber cement, I like using that mixture because the rubber cement actually bites into the latex and becomes part of it - this was hand brushed and stippled on with a sponge.

The darker brown, black, and mouth colors were airbrushed on, these were air-opaque airbrush paints and createx paints.

I will seal everthing up with permawet or something similar once I paint the teeth and add the final details.

I have hand painted halloween masks in this way and never had any problems with cracking.

Hope it helps, and remember you can always paint it again if you dont like it the first time....so just jump in and give it a shot, its the best way to learn :)

Yeah I have started modding the suit to give it some more mobility in the arms, I have attached the legs to some lycra pants, fixed some of the thin spots on the feet and chest...next I will be adding about 2-3 inches to the width of the back so I can zip it up and still breath hahahaha. I like the skin of the chest and back so i'm going to go fo a minimal amount of armor I think....keep him more of a sleek, not so weighed down look. I should have some pics by next week of the suit progress.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back