Rorschach grapple gun (budget build)

sjorsjo91

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi there,

I started a Rorschach costume a while back after I bought the Watchmen graphic novel and watched the Ultimate cut of the movie and the only part that I can't afford to buy was the grapple gun. So I set of to buy a Nerf gun and mod the **** out of it in order to have a firing grapple gun.

The one I bought was a Nitefinder and after I did all the mods to the air restrictions (to ensure it would be dangerous to fire) it was able to fire a modded nerf whistle dart with 3 fins attached. It could have a rope attached but I liked the concussion version better so I didn't really have to go through all the trouble with a system to rewind the rope and such.

I need it next sunday and I won't have time to buy some copper paint so the barrel stays silver as of now.

Anyway here are some pics of the gun with me.

2013-10-18 09.45.44.jpg2013-10-18 18.34.24.jpgafbeelding012.jpg

greets,

Sorry, ignore my previous post, didn't see that you already mentioned what model of nerf you used :p but onto another thing.. do you have some kind of schematic? Of any kind? Or materials used :)
Thank you

Hi, No I don't actually. Build is over a year old so I don't have any futher documentation left i believe...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back