Ronan the Accuser Hammer

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Thunder2

After watching the Guardians of the Galaxy, I thought I'd draw up Ronan's hammer.

A big fan of it, I'm not sure yet if I'll take it right through to production, but we shall see.

image.png

I was using the pics to estimate the size, I originally estimate at around 1.6m with a head length of 35cm...I shortened the handle so the entire length would be 1.4m..

Ronan Hammer 1.jpg
Ronan Hammer 2.jpg
Ronan Hammer 3.jpg
Ronan Hammer 4.jpg

I was thinking if I were to make it, I would mold it using poly resin for strength & cold cast with different grains of aluminium...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Thunder2

Doing some more calculations, I'd anticipate this hammer to weigh anywhere between from 6-7.5kg's (13-16 pounds).
For the head I think I'd hollow out a section of the hammer head to save weight but keep the wall thickness around 20-30mm so it still feels solid. This would save some weight but if I cold cast, the weight of the powders/grains would add some weight back.

For the handle I think I'd go with a solid Tassie Oak dowel through the middle to add strength to both the handle & the connection to the head.