Romeo + Juliet /Wanted Pistol Project - Completed!

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone got any idea what font this is, or anything close?

Thanks in advance :)

2ld80.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Romeo + Juliet Dagger 9mm Font?

Well, it looks like a Helvetica Heavy Italic that borrowed the 'G' from Arial Heavy Italic, or the Ariel borrowed the Helvetica's 'R'.

I'm sure it's a font somewhere, but if you're just making a template using the above will get you there.

Helvetica & Arial look too round on the curves to me...particularly noticeable on the g's and the 9.

May not be a real font, of course, but something the art department cooked up.

Nicely nailed!

Thanks for that, dunno how I missed it, as I've got that one :angel

I'll get some stuff up about what I've been up to tomorrow, have to go to mother-in-law's 90th birthday party today :facepalm

That's awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with, always been a huge fan of the guns from the movie, esp Romeo's Para Ordnance!

So here's what I've been up to :)

I decided to tackle the blingtastic pistols from Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet. Kinda all of them, which is just stupid really. Particularly living in the UK.

Anyway, love this movie, love the guns, always wanted them, so here goes :nuke:

The plan I formulated was converting cheap airsoft springers into convincing replicas of the Montague and Capulet guns. All airsofts in the UK (unless you are a member of an airsoft skirmish site) have to be funky colours or transparent, and models available are considerably less varied than in the US.

Most of the sidearms in the movie are Taurus PT99 clones of the Beretta 92FZ. Quick glance, much the same. Except the Taurus has the safety mounted on the gripframe, rather than the slide, along
with some other furniture details and different grips to accomodate the safety.

Anyway, here are the guns from the movie, followed by my unaltered stand-ins:

Romeo's Para-ordnance P-13 with plated gold furniture and pearl butt-plate bearing the Montague Crest:

5zmzvr.jpg

2cnbadk.jpg

2zyz8cw.jpg

Base: HFC HA102 1
wme8et.jpg

Mercutio's Dagger 9mm (Taurus PT99 with custom compensator)

s5ivpg.jpg

2yl7hh1.jpg

Base: Taurus Transparent PT-92 Springer

Taurus_PT92_kit__63883_zoom.jpg

Benvolio's Sword 9mm Series S (Taurus PT99 with extended barrel and slide)
2wdx1ud.jpg

1zyh4t1.jpg

Base: HFC HA 118EL Beretta
2ni1tao.jpg

Tybalt's Twin Rapier 9mm Series R (Taurus PT-99 with custom compensator, one with C-more scope)
20tgvps.jpg

oqf8ed.jpg

Base: Cyma Full Metal Beretta 92 FS
hs16dh.jpg

Juliet's Pearl Handled Walther P5C

800px-209.jpg

RJ-02208.jpg

Base: Galaxy G-3
37892923g1__70588_zoom.jpg

At some pointt in the research for this project, I also decided to do Fox and Wesleys guns from Wanted, so these were added to the list:

Fox's Safari Arms Matchmaker with Bushing Compensator
Wanted_1.jpg

Base: Galaxy G-6 Metal
5jzdd1.jpg

Wesley's 92FS with Carved Grips & Compensator
v415hf.jpg

Base: Another Cyma Metal Beretta.

Next post, the work starts....

Re: Romeo + Juliet Dagger/Wanted Pistol Project

can I ask where you got your Cyma Full Metal Beretta 92 FS?
cheers :)

Very cool! I may be jump starting this project I gave up on. Thanks for the inspiration! I look forward to the builds!

The next bit:

I could have gone with the transparent PT92 for the base gun for all the Taurus pistols, but it's all plastic, has the wrong 'grip' style on the rear of the slide and is £10 more expensive than the metal Berettas I'm converting for the other guns. I bought one PT92 to use as the base for Mercutio's gun, and have removed and molded the 'furniture' (frame locks, safeties etc) to convert the Berettas into Taurus look-alikes.

The second part of this conversion is to remodel all of the slides by drawing up add-on plates in Illustrator, with all the necessary engravings, and having them laser cut. I also had magplates for the crests cut in white acrylic, along with the grips for Wesley's Wanted Beretta:

2wee044.jpg

359mkub.jpg

And completed laser cut acrylic parts, ready for moulding:

iyodqx.jpg

2yjsx8n.jpg

The crests for the magplates and the Virgin Mary graphic were recreated in Illustrator and printed onto adhesive vinyl

15zl4z9.jpg

I'm impressed! You wouldn't by chance be making a few extra slide and mag parts for sale? :love

Last edited:

I'm impressed! You wouldn't by chance be making a few extra slide and mag parts for sale? :love

Never say never ;)

The Tybalt Rapier compensator is also done and moulded. Will put up some more WIP pics and photos of the completed Romeo gun tomorrow.

Awesome-Sauce! I never thought about laser engraved plates:facepalm That is pretty much all I have left to add on mine.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back