Roman's MPP Vader ANH build question

facemelter

I bought a bubble strip (one of the new versions) from Roy and when I go to put it in the clamp the clamp will not get tight enough to hold it in place. If I remove the rubber backing to the clamp and try then the clamp won't stay in place and sits and spins around the flash.

I also have a Luke build and one of Roy's old bubbles on it. The new and old version bubbles fit the Luke build perfectly fine without issue. Both the new and old bubble strips just won't fit the MPP. The new bubble version is skinnier than the old. So I put the new version on my Luke build and am using the old strip on the MPP. I am tightening the clamp on the MPP as tight as you can possibly get it without using pliers or something to torque on it, which I am afraid to do for fear of breaking something. Has anyone experienced this issue? Just seems odd that it's this difficult unless I am doing something wrong.

Any thoughts?

The sides of the MPP clamp need to be bent slightly so that the strip will fit. It's the same for the ESB configuration.

Cheers,

Dave

Ok, will try that this evening. Makes sense. I just did not want to alter the MPP if I was not supposed to, lol. The strip does slide in/out with no resistance at all. It actually wobbles in there. Thanks dcarty!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back