Jukesie

Hi All,

I recently (before Christmas) posted asking about which saber provider I should look to for my first purchase. I was suggested to check RomanProps.com, needless to say, I was glad I did.

20190112_142039.jpg

I bought this to accompany a display of my Father's weapon collection that I inherited last year when he sadly passed away. I don't think I need to say that I was highly nervous about the purchase, it's not a small amount of money and sending it to someone I didn't really know, on the other side of the planet, wasn't the most relaxing proposition.

20190112_142048.jpg

So, before I move on to my plans for this saber project, I would like to make the point to others who would like to buy but have the same concerns as I did. The build quality is impeccable. It's a weighty piece, showing that it's clearly crafted from authentic, sturdy materials. I won't comment on what it looks like because you can see it, and there's plenty of photos on the web to prove how exact and true it is to the original, but more than that. The first moment you unbox your saber, whether it's the MK1 or one other of the undoubted masterpieces from Roman's stable, the effect it will have on you is unparalleled. To own one, to finally have something that you may have been waiting for your entire life to own, is an unforgettable feeling. I will leave that part to you to enjoy.

Now, to my question/plans;

I plan on making my own chassis, and my own crystal chamber. I know there are those made by Rudy Panto and Dimitri Shtok which look amazing, but I wanted to try it out myself (at least first)

However, I am sure that there have been many to try this and come against some big issues, I thought I could ask advice or pointers as to where to begin / things to avoid / steps to be wary of, or even guides that have been invaluable to them in their own builds.

Either way, I'll hopefully be able to keep you all updated as things progress. You've all been such a superb inspiration to me over the years that I've visited the forum, hopefully, I can become a more invested member.

(Also, any reason why my photos aren't working?)

Last edited:
Yeah, can't see the images.

But, congrats on your purchase! Roman is a great guy, & I am always happy to do business with him. I think his Obi-Wan lightsaber is second to none.

Welcome to the club, Roman is a very touch notch guy. No worries at all not matter what size purchase from him

There is a great re weathering thread here somewhere

You can try searching “re weathering owk”

Where did you get that blade plug from?!

Yeah, I've learnt just what a great guy Roman is, I'm so glad to have found him and his work.

The blade plug is just the standard one Roman sent on his build, I've only just started putting a list together of what parts I need for the full build.

Yeah, I've learnt just what a great guy Roman is, I'm so glad to have found him and his work.

The blade plug is just the standard one Roman sent on his build, I've only just started putting a list together of what parts I need for the full build.

Is that a fx version?! I didn’t know roman sent blade plugs with the fx version now

That is the FX Weathered MK1 yes, I wasn't aware of it being a blade plug, so to speak, I just thought it was a standard end to the saber. I don't think you can plug a blade into it, unless I'm understanding you a little too literally.

Yeah there should be a set screw in the side of the emitter. Unscrew the set screw and the blade plug (silver circle) in the middle should fall out revealing the LED cup/heatsink inside

Before roman didn’t supply the blade plug (silver circle) this is great that he now is!

Well, I thought I would have to actually purchase one separately, I'd resigned myself to having to do so, because he has all individual parts for sale as well. But as you rightly point out, you can see the image below.

20190115_191531.jpg

Thanks for that! :)

You definitely should. I will certainly buy from him again once I've finished with this project.

Now just to decide on what parts I need and how I'm going to wire it :)

Also, was there a post somewhere on here that listed all the abbreviations etc relating to Star Wars Props?

You definitely should. I will certainly buy from him again once I've finished with this project.

Also, was there a post somewhere on here that listed all the abbreviations etc relating to Star Wars Props?

Or really abbreviations, but you can start your knowledge gathering here

Partsofsw.com

Check out Seth’s book at

Wannawanga.com

There is also

Graflexbank.com

You should also check out one of the best places to get electronics (Plecter authorized reseller), greeblies, and blade supplies: The Custom Saber Shop There are so many options for building them out yourself!

Have fun!

Hi All,

However, I am sure that there have been many to try this and come against some big issues, I thought I could ask advice or pointers as to where to begin / things to avoid / steps to be wary of, or even guides that have been invaluable to them in their own builds.
I suggest an ESD safe soldering iron, a decent multi-meter, a good work space, plenty of patience, a can of flux to dip wires, wire cutters/strippers (small gauge-20-30 AWG), helping hands, and heat shrink-lots of heat shrink!

There are tons of good saber building practices on youtube from TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) - Rob Petkau and Shameem. Look them up!

I recently almostt finished my son's Hasbro Vader black series conversion with a tri-cree and a mid range NEC soundboard with a custom 1" PVC pipe chassis. I'm in the troubleshooting process right now (SD card/board problems), but it should fire up and light up very soon! Right now it just audibly boots.

Thanks jorged123 I'll take those tips in mind, I have most of the kit already.

I'm initially looking at a Nano Biscotte & NeoPixel combo, with Rudy Pando's crystal chamber, but we'll see.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back