Roman Props MK1 Construction Help

SturdyShedinja

Is there anywhere I can find a list of everything one needs to buy to have a fully installed MK1? (No crystal chamber necessary). I’m new to the lightsaber community; this will be my first, and so I’m sort of lost by how much stuff it seems I would need to get electronics put into an FX MK1. Also, I have no idea how much all of this would cost, so if anyone could give me an estimate for the cheapest setup that would be wonderful.

Hi there,
the obvious answer would be to look towards Roman Props who does a superb MK1 in Static (just display) or FX ( with room for electronics and a crystal chamber)
You can also look at Korbanth for the K4 models.

Both vendors offer different options for weathering.
That is for the hilt.

If you want to have electronics in there, then you need to decide the "lighting" options ( in hilt LED vs LED blade), the board complexity, chassis, etc...

It is quite daunting at first, as there are many things to include in the pool.

Good luck. Don't hesitate to drop by the Star Wars section, you are not the only one with many questions ( I am on of them)

If you don't need crystal chamber and you are new to saber electronic install, I suggest using Goth chassis and follow his parts list and instruction page.

Hi All. I'm about embark on an upgrade of my MK1 to include one of Rudy Pando's crystal chambers and I'm at a bit of an impasse: I cannot find an 18350 battery anywhere and the two chassis options I know to work (Goth-3D and Shtok) both state that an 18350 is recommended. Does anyone know if an 18500 or even an 18650 wired battery would fit without creating problems for a 28mm speaker?

Hi All. I'm about embark on an upgrade of my MK1 to include one of Rudy Pando's crystal chambers and I'm at a bit of an impasse: I cannot find an 18350 battery anywhere and the two chassis options I know to work (Goth-3D and Shtok) both state that an 18350 is recommended. Does anyone know if an 18500 or even an 18650 wired battery would fit without creating problems for a 28mm speaker?

I would like to know where to find the battery as well:(

Hello Halliwax! Are you looking specifically for the battery or are you also working on a crystal chamber build? Since posting my question earlier, I've discovered that Rudy's V3 chamber has been designed to hold a speaker on its own instead of requiring one of the Shtok speaker holders. This then allows an 18650 battery instead of the smaller 18350.

Unrelated - I've been watching your YouTube videos lately and have been recommending them to friends and to r/lightsabers on Reddit. Let's get you to 1000 subscribers so we can watch a livestream build!!

Let me check mine and get back to you, I’m pretty sure I have 18500 and it fits just fine with shtok chassis and Rudy’s chamber but it’s been a little while. Will follow up after I check!

Hello Halliwax! Are you looking specifically for the battery or are you also working on a crystal chamber build? Since posting my question earlier, I've discovered that Rudy's V3 chamber has been designed to hold a speaker on its own instead of requiring one of the Shtok speaker holders. This then allows an 18650 battery instead of the smaller 18350.

Unrelated - I've been watching your YouTube videos lately and have been recommending them to friends and to r/lightsabers on Reddit. Let's get you to 1000 subscribers so we can watch a livestream build!!

The Rudy chamber holds a 28w base speaker? I thought it was much smaller..

Thank you for the support!

The Rudy chamber holds a 28w base speaker? I thought it was much smaller..

Thank you for the support!
Good question: the narrowest part of the chamber is 24mm, but my one spare 24mm speaker is too small for it. All of my 28mm speakers are currently installed in other sabers, so I'll have to wait to receive a new one from Smuggler's Outpost to see if it fits. If it does (or even if it doesn't), I'll take a photo and post it in this thread.

Good question: the narrowest part of the chamber is 24mm, but my one spare 24mm speaker is too small for it. All of my 28mm speakers are currently installed in other sabers, so I'll have to wait to receive a new one from Smuggler's Outpost to see if it fits. If it does (or even if it doesn't), I'll take a photo and post it in this thread.
Thank you!

Thank you!
20210408_172958.jpg

That's a 28mm speaker, but not a heavy bass one. I think one would fit, however, as you can make a bigger space in the middle by shifting the piece that holds the bottom of the crystal.

Thanks, I remember Rudy showing this feature off, can the goth chassis hold a 18650.. I think it’s the same outside diameter of the 18350.. just the 650 is longer

I could be wrong

Thanks, I remember Rudy showing this feature off, can the goth chassis hold a 18650.. I think it’s the same outside diameter of the 18350.. just the 650 is longer

I could be wrong
My MK1 currently has a Goth 3D chassis that fits a 21700 and I have a Shtok chassis on order that should fit the 18650. Once it arrives, I'll do another photo test.

Yes, the diameters of the 18650, 18500, and 18350 are the same. The first two digits are the diameter in mm and the next two (plus the extra zero) are the length in mm. So an 18650 is 18mm wide by 65mm long.

Ethan Zimmer posted a video of an 18650 battery in a Shtok chassis that fit (but he's also a bit of a wizard and I may have missed something clever that he did). I think the major change is in the direction of the speaker - before, the speakers had a separate printed holder that had to fit inside the hollow clamp spacer with the speaker facing towards the emitter. With the new design by Rudy, the speaker faces the pommel without the need for an extra holder and all of the space inside the hollow clamp spacer can be filled with a longer battery.

I bought a Shtok chassis for Verso 18650 with a Thin Speaker. They are shipping now. Ill post pics how everything fits in that chassis when I receive it to give some ideas.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back