Roller Derby Harley Quinn pads

Hydraxia

Hi all,

I'm having some problems picturing how to make Harley's shoulder pads for her Roller Derby costume (I hope I've attached the image ok!)... I'm imagining them as a shiny surface & slightly padded. I'm more a costume maker than a prop maker but with enough info & imagination I can give props a go! Any help on how to make or even links of where to buy (I'm not proud!) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Naomi

Attachments

• IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,432
Well, I can tell you that as a martial artist I have never seen pauldrons or shoulder pads if you prefer. Plus since you don't need them for actual protection you could just free hand them out of several layers of foam then treat them with plasti-dip or something. I haven't done much with foam armor, but I'm sure someone here could help. Best of luck!

for rollerderby you usually wear some heavy padded knee pads, but they are still a little bit expensive. If you buy second hand, you could just smooth the surface of the pad (it goes to hell rather quickly) and paint them.

I used my old roller derby knee pads for my winter soldier cosplay.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back