Role Call! Calgary Comic con...

Crank729

Sr Member
Any RPF'ers going to the calgary Entertainment Expo on april 25 to the 27th?

I know there are not a lot of us in Southern Alberta, but it would be nice to know if a few are going.

I'll be rocking my Daft Punk Costume! It's my first con, I'm pretty excited.

( Just Realized this should be in the OT section........Oh well! )

Last edited:
I'm hoping to go. I want to see the whole ST:TNG cast together in one place. And Stan Lee!

This would be my first con if I can make it.:cool

I'm hoping to go. I want to see the whole ST:TNG cast together in one place. And Stan Lee!

This would be my first con if I can make it.:cool

Yeah, I was excited....Then I heard Stan Lee is coming....then I was REALLY excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I was excited....Then I heard Stan Lee is coming....then I was REALLY excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert Englund too! :cool

I just hope I can switch around some days off from work to be able to go.

Don't have a costume to wear though...

It's at the BMO Centre right?

I'll be there on the Saturday with my brother. Hoping to see some good costumes, mayb blow some O/T money on sweet stuff for my inner sanctum.

Since this is my first Comic Convention, what can I expect?

My biggest question is, when meeting the various actors and celebs and getting autographs, do they cost extra? Cost extra to get a photo with them?

I just saw some photos of the Vancouver con this past weekend and it looked like fun.

I'm so jealous I cannot go and see the entire TNG cast!
You guys are super lucky!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the TNG cast will make it out to the FanExpo in August...

I might not be going after all.......don't know yet. If any of you do though, leave a review of the show here! That would be awesome!

Unbelievable line-up of celebs gonna be there. Too bad I moved a couple years ago.

Yeah, especially for a smaller convention! I wanted to see stan lee, but he is there on sunday, And I only wanted to go on saturday....so I lost some interest because of that. And I have no interest in the whole Star Trek thing.....More of a hateful star wars fan myself:lol:lol:lol!

Met 99% of the Star Trek: TNG cast today. Patrick Stewart tomorrow! :cool
Marina Sirtis = :love
Gates McFadden = :love
Denise Crosby = :love
The ladies of TNG were all great!
The only one that wasn't very talkative as he seemed tired was Michael Dorn.

And from the Buck Rogers universe:
Erin Gray = :love Erin still looks great after all these years. Will post some pics later.

My first con so I'm trying to take it all in. :cool

Very glad to hear! Do you happen to know what Patrick Stewart was charging for autographs?
And please do tell us of your experience wih him!

I've met Marina Sirtis last year and she is just one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met.
Also met Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner and get were also great; Frakes was especially wonderful.

Congrats on your first con Goonie!

Very glad to hear! Do you happen to know what Patrick Stewart was charging for autographs?
And please do tell us of your experience wih him!

I've met Marina Sirtis last year and she is just one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met.
Also met Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner and get were also great; Frakes was especially wonderful.

Congrats on your first con Goonie!

Stan Lee and Patrick Stewart are the priciest. Patrick is $75 and Stan Lee is $85. I had to pre-pay for Patrick and I'm in the first signing tomorrow at 10:00. It was funny, I started the autographs with Levar first. I didn't think I'd get the whole cast. but some of the lineups were short. Michael Dorn next, then Marina, then Brent, Gates, Jonathan , Wil, and Denise. I asked Denise when was the last time they were all together like this and she said probably since she left the show, so it was a very rare opportunity to see the whole cast, minus Colm Meaney. We lucked out here in Calgary this year to get them all. I don't even know what I spent on autographs, but what the heck.(y)thumbsup

Brent Spiner and Marina = Awesome! Probably the most approchable of the cast. It was great to meet them all.

The only thing bugs me is my new Fuji camera I bought from Costco ended up with a cracked lens. So I had to leave an hour early to go exchange it. I ended up getting a better Nikon so I hope to have better photos tomorrow.

I'll post a few pics soon.

Like I said in my previous post, my camera kind of crapped-out and I had to go return it. But here's the few pics I took today.

Starting with the Buck Rogers universe...

DSCF0187Small.jpg

Erin Gray! I had a crush on her when I was younger, but who didn't? She still looks great! I told her when I was watching Silver Spoons, all I wanted was that train. She laughed and said the whole crew wanted to take the darn thing home and ride around on it. I got a nice pic of her as Wilma Deering signed. Great lady. :cool

Next up, and filmed in my home province of BC... Battlestar Galactica...

DSCF0186Small.jpg

Richard Hatch. Great guy. No line-up at his table so we had a good little chat. He signed my Season 1 Blu-Ray set for me.

DSCF0188Small.jpg

Me and Chief Tyrol - Aaron Douglas. Aaron had no line-up so we started chatting. We're both from BC so we chatted about fishing.:thumbsup He's kinda unemployed right now so I think I may get another autograph from him tomorrow. The gray-haired guy to Aaron's left is Lance Henricksen. Got a pic signed and my Season 1 Blu-Ray set. Tomorrow I'm adding Katee Sackhoff's sig to it.

Next up some Star Trek. Unfortunately, photos weren't allowed for most of them, but you could take from a short distance while they were signing.

DSCF0194Small.jpg

Jonathan Frakes

DSCF0191Small.jpg

Gates McFadden

DSCF0189Small.jpg

LeVar Burton handing me my signed photo.

Hopefully my new camera is better than the one I had today and I'll have some good pics tomorrow.

Funny thing is. I think Wil Weaton had the longest line-up of the TNG cast, well that is, until Patrick shows up tomorrow.

The TNG cast was the highlight today.:cool

Last edited:
Any good cosplay?

Some were decent. I'l take pics of cosplayers tomorrow when I got my new camera figured out.

One thing I'm on the look-out for in the vendors section is Indiana Jones Temple of Doom figures. I'm still missing 4 I believe from this set that came out 4 years ago. All I saw was 3 figures and one vehicle - which I already have.But I did see one Henry Jones Sr. cosplayer. :cool

Surprisingly Robert Englund had a long line-up. Wouldn't mind getting him to sign my Elm Street Blu-Ray.

I'm envious Goonie. I went to several of these when I lived there and loved every minute of it. Met some great people and actors, only problem was, I never had enough money to buy everything that I wanted to.:angry:lol

I do miss it.:cry:cry

Have a good time tomorrow!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back