Role Call! Calgary Comic con...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Crank729, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

Any RPF'ers going to the calgary Entertainment Expo on april 25 to the 27th?

I know there are not a lot of us in Southern Alberta, but it would be nice to know if a few are going.

I'll be rocking my Daft Punk Costume! It's my first con, I'm pretty excited.

( Just Realized this should be in the OT section........Oh well! )

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I'm hoping to go. I want to see the whole ST:TNG cast together in one place. And Stan Lee!

This would be my first con if I can make it.:cool

3. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

Yeah, I was excited....Then I heard Stan Lee is coming....then I was REALLY excited!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Robert Englund too! :cool

I just hope I can switch around some days off from work to be able to go.

Don't have a costume to wear though...

It's at the BMO Centre right?

5. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I'm definitely going now. Bought my ticket yesterday for the whole weekend!

6. Keiko

Keiko Sr Member

I'll be there on the Saturday with my brother. Hoping to see some good costumes, mayb blow some O/T money on sweet stuff for my inner sanctum.

7. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Since this is my first Comic Convention, what can I expect?

My biggest question is, when meeting the various actors and celebs and getting autographs, do they cost extra? Cost extra to get a photo with them?

I just saw some photos of the Vancouver con this past weekend and it looked like fun.

8. monker67

monker67 Active Member

my Wife and I have our tickets, this will be our third year going and it seams to double in size every year!!

9. jedimarkj

jedimarkj Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous I cannot go and see the entire TNG cast!
    You guys are super lucky!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the TNG cast will make it out to the FanExpo in August...

10. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

I might not be going after all.......don't know yet. If any of you do though, leave a review of the show here! That would be awesome!

11. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Will do. I'll be taking lots of photos.

12. coofunkcurly

coofunkcurly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Unbelievable line-up of celebs gonna be there. Too bad I moved a couple years ago.

13. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

Yeah, especially for a smaller convention! I wanted to see stan lee, but he is there on sunday, And I only wanted to go on saturday....so I lost some interest because of that. And I have no interest in the whole Star Trek thing.....More of a hateful star wars fan myself:lol:lol:lol!

14. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Met 99% of the Star Trek: TNG cast today. Patrick Stewart tomorrow! :cool
    Marina Sirtis = :love
    Gates McFadden = :love
    Denise Crosby = :love
    The ladies of TNG were all great!
    The only one that wasn't very talkative as he seemed tired was Michael Dorn.

And from the Buck Rogers universe:
    Erin Gray = :love Erin still looks great after all these years. Will post some pics later.

My first con so I'm trying to take it all in. :cool

15. jedimarkj

Very glad to hear! Do you happen to know what Patrick Stewart was charging for autographs?
    And please do tell us of your experience wih him!

I've met Marina Sirtis last year and she is just one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met.
    Also met Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner and get were also great; Frakes was especially wonderful.

Congrats on your first con Goonie!

16. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Stan Lee and Patrick Stewart are the priciest. Patrick is $75 and Stan Lee is $85. I had to pre-pay for Patrick and I'm in the first signing tomorrow at 10:00. It was funny, I started the autographs with Levar first. I didn't think I'd get the whole cast. but some of the lineups were short. Michael Dorn next, then Marina, then Brent, Gates, Jonathan , Wil, and Denise. I asked Denise when was the last time they were all together like this and she said probably since she left the show, so it was a very rare opportunity to see the whole cast, minus Colm Meaney. We lucked out here in Calgary this year to get them all. I don't even know what I spent on autographs, but what the heck.(y)thumbsup

Brent Spiner and Marina = Awesome! Probably the most approchable of the cast. It was great to meet them all.

The only thing bugs me is my new Fuji camera I bought from Costco ended up with a cracked lens. So I had to leave an hour early to go exchange it. I ended up getting a better Nikon so I hope to have better photos tomorrow.

I'll post a few pics soon.

17. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Like I said in my previous post, my camera kind of crapped-out and I had to go return it. But here's the few pics I took today.

Starting with the Buck Rogers universe...

[​IMG]

Erin Gray! I had a crush on her when I was younger, but who didn't? She still looks great! I told her when I was watching Silver Spoons, all I wanted was that train. She laughed and said the whole crew wanted to take the darn thing home and ride around on it. I got a nice pic of her as Wilma Deering signed. Great lady. :cool

Next up, and filmed in my home province of BC... Battlestar Galactica...

[​IMG]

Richard Hatch. Great guy. No line-up at his table so we had a good little chat. He signed my Season 1 Blu-Ray set for me.

[​IMG]

Me and Chief Tyrol - Aaron Douglas. Aaron had no line-up so we started chatting. We're both from BC so we chatted about fishing.:thumbsup He's kinda unemployed right now so I think I may get another autograph from him tomorrow. The gray-haired guy to Aaron's left is Lance Henricksen. Got a pic signed and my Season 1 Blu-Ray set. Tomorrow I'm adding Katee Sackhoff's sig to it.

Next up some Star Trek. Unfortunately, photos weren't allowed for most of them, but you could take from a short distance while they were signing.

[​IMG]

Jonathan Frakes

[​IMG]

Gates McFadden

[​IMG]

LeVar Burton handing me my signed photo.

Hopefully my new camera is better than the one I had today and I'll have some good pics tomorrow.

Funny thing is. I think Wil Weaton had the longest line-up of the TNG cast, well that is, until Patrick shows up tomorrow.

The TNG cast was the highlight today.:cool

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  18. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

Any good cosplay?

19. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Some were decent. I'l take pics of cosplayers tomorrow when I got my new camera figured out.

One thing I'm on the look-out for in the vendors section is Indiana Jones Temple of Doom figures. I'm still missing 4 I believe from this set that came out 4 years ago. All I saw was 3 figures and one vehicle - which I already have.But I did see one Henry Jones Sr. cosplayer. :cool

Surprisingly Robert Englund had a long line-up. Wouldn't mind getting him to sign my Elm Street Blu-Ray.

20. Bear

Bear Sr Member

I'm envious Goonie. I went to several of these when I lived there and loved every minute of it. Met some great people and actors, only problem was, I never had enough money to buy everything that I wanted to.:angry:lol

I do miss it.:cry:cry

Have a good time tomorrow!:thumbsup

21. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Where did you read that Stan Lee was $85? I paid $50 for my autograph today. He was supposed to start signing at 4:30 but he hadn't left his hotel until 4:30 so he was 40 minutes late. You could take photos of him signing but with no flash, you can't touch him, he didn't really talk to anyone either. Also he has nothing to sign so my suggestion is find a print or a comic at the show.

A lot of the stuff there had to do with the staff and not Stan. The line up was insane so talking to people and posing for quick pics would take forever. Still though he was super nice and I'm glad I got to meet him. I might attempt to meet Robert Englund tomorrow. Oddly Adam West was asking $60 for his autograph, I passed.

22. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Oops, for some reason I had $85 in my head. I heard the crowd cheer when Stan walked in. I think I was in the line for Brent Spiner when that happened. Patrick Stewart is the only TNG crew member I need now, and I'm getting his first thing tomorrow (already paid for).

Erin Gray looked pretty lonely. Not many people were going to her table or Gil's nearing the end of the day.

Make sure you visit Aaron Douglas from BSG. He didn't have a line-up at all and after he heard I was a fellow BCer, he got me two autographs for $20.:cool

The wrestlers were kinda lonely there too. It's funny, those guys look all the same.

When Jonathan Frakes walked in he was pretty pumped and giving all his old crew mates hugs.

Too bad I don't have more money right now. I would've gotten a ticket to the Star Trek EXPOsed panel.

23. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Broke in the new camera today and got some great photos:cool. Will post shortly.

24. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Just read on the news that a lot of people got turned away today as the Comic Expo was at capacity. So... come early!

Here's some pics from today...

Time to get the last autograph I needed of the Star Trek: TNG cast...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Captain Picard himself!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The line-up for Patrick was crazy.

[​IMG]

Next-up the lovely Katee Sackhoff from BSG!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I'm in love! :love

[​IMG]

The man behind Darth Vader, David Prowse.

[​IMG]

I had to go back and visit with Aaron Douglas today. He was wearing an LA Kings jersey and I was wondering why...

[​IMG]

Why'd our team have to lose in the first round? :cry:lol I got another autograph from Aaron. He remembered my name from yesterday which was cool. I really liked what he put on today's pic. I'll post it later.

Since my camera foul-up yeasterday, I had to re-visit with Richard Hatch and Erin Gray again and the pics turned out good...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up Disney fans, it's Jim Cummings, voice of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too! Here's Jim signing my Blu-Ray (My first Disney DAC I got signed)

[​IMG]

Me and Jim. I asked him to do Tigger for me and he did. One of the highlights of my day.:cool

[​IMG]

Now for some wrestlers...
    ***** Tonk Man! Didn't realize he lived here in Calgary for 5 years and really loves the city.
    (^ok, this board is censoring H@nky for some reason...)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ted "The Million Dollar Man" DiBiase

[​IMG]

Jake the Snake Roberts

[​IMG]

I got a really good video of these guys reminiscing about Andre the Giant at their panel.

More pics to come!

25. jedimarkj

Thanks for sharing pics Goonie! Those wrestlers are a blast from the past! Wow! I remember the ***** Tonk Man!

And great story about Jim Cummings! Very very cool!
    Dave Prowse is great! I also met him a couple of years back and what a swell guy!

So how was Patrick Stewart!?
    Were able to chat with him? Were you or others able to get personalized autographs?
    Was he as awesome as I hope he was/is?
    He's going to be in Ottawa on the 12th and I cannot wait to meet him!

Thanks again for sharing pics!
    So all in all, how did you find your first convention?

26. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Yesterday was such a gongshow. They had all the pass holders sit in the corrall arena place to watch some crappy band. Then as it got closer to 10, they wouldn't let people line up and expected everyone to go back to their seats. Needless to say everyone crowded near the exit and on the staircase creating a fire hazard. Eventually the staff said **** it lol.

I'm super happy though because I managed to get my name drawn for a Tony Moore commissioned art piece. We had to leave early but fortunately my
    Buddy grabbed it for me.

I can't believe the lineups yesterday, not only for autographs but to get inside. I've never seen this many people at the show before.

Hopefully things are more streamlined next year.

Also Max Brooks is one of the nicest guys ever.

27. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Katee Sackhoff had huge lines, but I did get to see her again today. Meanwhile, her ex-coworkers Aaron Douglas and Richard Hatch had no line-ups. Being also from BC like Aaron, I had a great chat with him yesterday about our home province and fishing. Today I had an awesome chat with Richard Hatch. Their panel with Katee today was frackin' hilarious! I got whole lot more pictures to post.

Patrick Stewart's presentation in the Coral at the end of today was excellent. Very enjoyable.

All I know is I spent alot of money on autographs, but I don't even want to think about that because it might ruin my weekend. ;)

28. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Douglas is AWESOME! I absolutely adore him. :love

29. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Some more pics from yesterday...

Skeletor!

[​IMG]

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

[​IMG]

Christian Potenza was really enjoying his time with his fans. I remember when he was in commercials for Listerine.

[​IMG]

Some cosplayers...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me and Star Trek Voyager's Garrett Wang. Great guy. Had an awesome chat with him. It was funny, at first I didn't recognize him as he grew his hair out. He said he's been mistaken numerous times for a Native American. Asked him if he's been doing anything since Voyager and he said he's left the mayhem that is Hollywood and enjoying other things. Cool guy.

[​IMG]

Nice big wall of T-Shirts, too bad there just isn't enough money in the wallet...

[​IMG]

More pics to come!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  30. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

More pics...

Cool robes, but pricey...

[​IMG]

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious s***!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HULK INFLATE AND SMASH!!!

[​IMG]

Don't know why but Photobucket flipped this photo. Jake The Snake Roberts, The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, and the ***** Tonk Man. Their panel was great. All great guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When Star Trek and Star Wars Collide. Star Trek's Garrett Wang having a blast with Star Wars fans...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A really cool Lego display...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hulk-a-mania!

[​IMG]

I was completely satisfied when I found him!...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bishop! Lance Henriksen at his presentation. Again, very enjoyable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When Batman eras collide...

[​IMG]

My most favourite pic I took at the Expo...

[​IMG]

She's got big... GUNS!

[​IMG]

Gingy!

[​IMG]

Me and R2. Unfortunately he wasn't signing autographs...

[​IMG]

That was my day 2. I did have a great geek moment that I'll never forget while I was walking out to the exit. Michael Dorn and Brent Spiner walked by me so I thanked them for coming to Calgary. Both Worf and Data thanked my for being a fan. A great little moment that I'll never forget.:cool

I'll post more pics from today tomorrow.

31. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Haha, the chick in the yellow with the big......cannons had so many guys stopped in their tracks and drooling. It was hilarious.

I'll admit I was one of them.

32. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

My commissioned Art piece from Tony Moore, honestly the highlight of the con for me.

[​IMG]

33. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

^Cool!

Here's some more pics, from yesterday...

The line-up in front of me:

[​IMG]

The line-up behind me from the same point:

[​IMG]

Line-up going towards the Saddle Dome:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had to go visit with Katee again. I would've been stupid to not get a photo signed by her:
    (Don't know why photobucket flipped the pic again, it's been acting up lately [I think its got something to do with Flash Player])

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Richard Hatch signing a photo for me. Again I would be stupid not to get a photo from him. Aaron, Richard and Katee all signed my BSG Season 1 Blu-Ray set for me. I had a really nice chat with him.

[​IMG]

One of my favourite costumes throughout the whole weekend, Mini Dr. Who in the Tardis:

[​IMG]

The Battlestar Galactica panel was frakkin' hilarious. Aaron, Richard, and Katee all had us in tears we were laughing so hard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, in the Coral, the Star Trek TNG Love Triangle panel. Jonathan, Marina, and Michael's panel was also quite hilarious (and dirty too!). The menage a Troi as Marina put it.:cool

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more pics from the hall...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The King was there!

[​IMG]

All proceeds going to Michael J. Fox's foundation.

[​IMG]

Who you gonna call?... Geeks and nerds!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Emma Frost

[​IMG]

More pics coming shortly.

34. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

I have NO idea what story Douglas is telling here, but this a great example of how animated he is when he tells them. There have been many times when he's had me laughing so hard my sides literally ache!

35. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

More pics...

A cute looking Belle:

[​IMG]

Yes, real lizard:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My photo of John de Lancie was blurred. :cry

[​IMG]

TRON sirens:

[​IMG]

Notice the placement of a foot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spiner!

[​IMG]

As luck would have it, they all gathered for a group signing while I was inline to meet Robert Englund...

Let the pics speak for themselves. Sorry for the blurryness in some...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

James Marsters' presentation. I've only seen a handful of Buffy episodes, but I do know who Spike is...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the last, grand finale presentation of the day, Sir Patrick Stewart...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was an awesome weekend! Definitely going again next year! :cool

36. Bear

Bear Sr Member

Was this the first Calgary Comic Con you've been to since moving there goonie?

37. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Yes. I missed last year's because I was still in Kelowna preparing to move. This was actually myfirst comic convention ever. With the crowds that were here, I can't even imagine how big San Diego's is.

38. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

This years attendance was insane. I've never seen this many people and I've been going the last 4/5 years.

39. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I'm so jazzed about the Phx Con after seeing these pics! Glad you guys had such a great time!

How much $$ do the actors usually ask for autographs?

40. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

I was VERY disappointed in being corralled into the corral. AT the very least they should have had a panel on to watch while we waited as there was absolutely NO way to get Stan Lee's autograph and do anything else!

To expect everyone to try to go in the ONE door at 10am regardless of when they arrived was insane! I was very nervous for my son and ended up carrying him on my shoulders. They should have divided people into sections based on when they arrived and let sections enter one at a time in the order they arrived. That would have been more fair.

Then I had to drag my poor son (he's 5) all around as I frantically looked for the line to BUY Stan Lee's autograph. That tool me 30 minutes so at 10:30 I booked for the 10am autograph session. I asked them if I'd still get in and they said yes it should be fine. WRONG!! By the time I finally found the end of the autograph line it must have been 500 people long! They should not have oversold autograph times like that!! ALso WHY did we have to find a separate area to buy Stan Lee's autograph?! Why couldn't that have been done in advance, OR at the darn admission counter when you pay to get in?!

We finally got NEAR the end of the line (I was about 50 people back) when we were told he had to leave to go do the photo OPS elsewhere, then his panel. We then had to stay in line to get a "golden ticket" so we could then get in the 2pm line (ahead of all the people that would be waiting at 2pm). Instead of staying in the line I had to take my son to find a bathroom (I got very frustrated dragging him through the insane crouds and only finding women's bathrooms). Then I had to buy him some lunch..again across the large building..then a 45 minute line, then I carried him again on my shoulders to the Stan Lee line.....the FOURTH line (not counting the 45 minute concession line) we had to get in so far with NOTHING accomplished! By then the VIP line I was to get in was long but some friends I met from the last time in the line let me in with them..THANK GOD!!!

After waiting another hour we finally met Stan Lee..but in the scramble I didn't get a pic, but Stan did at least look up and say hello to my son. We had him sign my son's Spidey mask (as that's all we had..I expected him to have pictures we could grab to get signed).

SO from arrival at 8:45 to 2:30 pm with a mild autistic 5 year old that can NOT stand still in a line (and wanted to leave in the first hour) we FINALLY got Stan Lee's autograph.

After that I knew I'd have to cut down the autographs I wanted for myself so I chose Billy West and John Dimaggio. It was abt of a mess as Billy was away and we were told that John would be leaving before we got to the front but I waited it out. JOhn Dimaggio was amazingly funny and entertaining so he kept us laughing in the line, but he did leave before I got to him. I waited and soon Billy West showed up. Happy happy, joy joy! Again I didn't have anything to sign so he signed my Ren & Stimpy T-Shirt that I was wearing, and his picture in the booklet they gave out at the door. He was very personable and did his Honey Nut Cheerios Bee voice for me and my son (I asked him about that to be a bit unique). I caught myself shaking his hand 3 times, but I was very excited to meet him..been a fan for a long time.

I was going to leave but saw Jim Cummings had returned (his area was next to John & Billy's) and his line was short so I had to get my Disney artist hand drawn pictures of Tigger and Pooh signed. While in that line I saw John Dimaggio return but knew I could never wait in that same line again so I asked their handler if I could just sneak back across to see John. He said he'd try for me as he has kids and totally understood.

Jim was great with my son and did his voices for him..I missed most of that with my phone, but got a bit and some pics. Then the handler took me aside and asked John Dimaggio if I could pop back over. John recognized my son in the Spidey costume and brought us back over (I have a video clip of him calling "Hey Spiderman!" to my son before he had to leave earlier). John was great and signed my booklet as well and gave my son some high fives! My son loved him too!

All in all it was a terrible start to a long day but ended on a high note. I actually had a very touching moment at the C-Train station when we were leaving. There was a guy there playing the clarinet? He was playing the love theme from AOTC which was a very obscure but well placed song considering the event. I had a spare toonie so I got my son (still dressed like Spiderman) to drop it in his case. The guy nodded a thank you to me then as we were walking away the song switched to the Spider-man theme for my son. We stopped to enjoy it and I waved a thank you to the guy. :)

Sorry for the long story...hard to summarize and get the experience right without the details. I wished I could have seen more and some of the panels, and I really wished I could have seen Adam Baldwin and Wil Wheaton (I had my Wesley Crusher's bowling shirt with me) but my son was exhausted..as was I. It took 8 hours just to get 4 autographs.

41. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

My buddy was already in line waiting for Stan Lee while I tried to find the autograph kiosk. They poorly advertised it and the volunteers sent me in every direction. Eventually I ran into one of my friends who took me to it. When I got to the line, my buddy said Stan Lee had nothing to sign. Fortunately the little CGC desk that grades people's comics was selling J. Scott Campbell Stan Lee prints for $25 so I snagged one and Stan signed it. I'll try and put up a picture.

Max brooks was super nice as well. He was quite surprised when he saw my copies of Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z and noticed that they were first editions. I asked how much his autographs were and he said that I purchased his books, there's no way he could charge me money for his autograph.

They totally dropped the ball this year with people buying weekend passes and not being able to get in on Saturday or Sunday with no refunds. The same with herding us into the Corral. I'm surprised they actually expected a couple hundred people to sit down 3 minutes before doors.

Apparently next year they're talking about not selling tickets at the door, they have to be purchased early.

42. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

And the Stan Lee autographs should have been prepurchased as well. I was legitimately worried for my son's safety on the stairs in the Corral in a darkened room with everyone rushing to the door..but yeah, then need to prioritize based on when people arrive. A line down the hall and outside is FAR better than that epic fail!!

I do have to add that Billy West, John Dimaggio and Jim * were FREE!! Love those guys!! Just wish I had brought DVDs or pictures to get signed!!

43. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

I'm actually kind of happy I didn't go now......I just wanted to go to a con where it was relaxed and kind of quiet, but this year sounds like it went a little differently!

Still sad I didn't get to see Stan Lee though....Maybe Next Year!

44. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I'll admit, when I got there on Friday, I was lost. They could've had better signage up, and the map in the program could've been a little better. For instance have an overall map of the whole BMO Centre.

The three day pass is definitely worth it.

But I got to conisder myself lucky. Got all The Star Trek: TNG cast members autographs on Friday, and Patrick Stewart's on Saturday. And I couldn't resisit; went back and got seconds from Aaron Douglas (hey, I had to support a fellow BCer) Richard Hatch, and Katee Sackhoff.

I'll post pics of my autographs tomorrow.

45. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Here's my autograph haul...

Jim Cummings

[​IMG]

Robert Englund - unfortunately, he ran out of Freddy pics when I got there near the end of the day.

[​IMG]

Erin Gray

[​IMG]

Lance Henricksen

[​IMG]

Dave Prowse

[​IMG]

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 blu-Ray with Richard Hatch on top, Aaron Douglas on the left and Katee Sackhoff on the right.

[​IMG]

Richard Hatch

[​IMG]

Aaron Douglas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Katee Sackhoff

[​IMG]

And now for some Star Trek...

Star Trek Voyager's Garrett Wang

[​IMG]

Denise Crosby

[​IMG]

Wil Weaton

[​IMG]

John de Lancie

[​IMG]

LeVar Burton

[​IMG]

Brent Spiner

[​IMG]

Gates McFadden

[​IMG]

Marina Sirtis

[​IMG]

Michael Dorn

[​IMG]

Jonathan Frakes

[​IMG]

Patrick Stewart

[​IMG]

Sometime down the raod when I have my own place all these are getting framed and will be put up in an entertainment room.

46. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I kinda regret not getting Robert Englund and Lance Henriksons autographs but I had spent so much money as it was. I decided if I wasn't picked for a commission by Tony Moore that I would spend it on autographs. Granted I wanted the commission a lot more hahaha.

It's just a shame that George Romero didn't come this year despite promising he would last year after cancelling due to a broken arm.

There's rumors going around that they're trying to get John Carpenter for next year. If they got both him and Romero, I would lose my mind. I LOVE horror.

Depending on who the guests are next year, I think I'll snag a VIP pass. At least that way I get in earlier than everyone else and I have early dibs on autographs......not sure if it counts towards photo ops however.

47. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

I dunno how I feel about the VIP pass thing. It's an expensive day as it is...doesn't seem fair to have to be bumped back because I can't afford something others can. I'm more about the ambition and effort made to be early and wait it out.

I felt the same way when strippers went from applause and audience energy to only lazily expecting loonies being tossed at keychains. ;)

When I went years ago and met Peter Mayhew..it was a small event and quite relaxing and casual. Now it's much bigger and MUCH more difficult and stressful. I sure won't go with my son next year..not until he's old enough to understand better and has to drag me.

48. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

First year I went was when Doug Jones was there as a guest. I paid for my autograph which was like $20 and he saw my arm (hellboy sleeve) and went nuts and he posed for a picture with me. You could literally cover the entire show in about 10 minutes and the longest line up was Bruce Timm. Things sure have changed.

49. Bear

Bear Sr Member

Ditto, You could do a quick walk around in about 15 minutes to see what was there, then go back to hit the best places.

The first time I went was pretty relaxed as well, it almost sounds like this is starting to turn into Calgary's version of San Diego. So many people and long lines that it's almost not worth going.

50. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

My buddy was telling me that Calgary is now the biggest Con in Canada, even bigger than Toronto.