Rogue Troopers

spacebob

Sr Member
Has anyone seen this......
image.jpg

New sculpt? The chest looks a little different, among other bits.
:)

A better pic of the (unconfirmed) Rogue helmet

Stormtrooperweb4.jpg click to enlarge

Like the suit it looks a little reworked to me but nice none the less.
Not quite symmetrical.
I think the whole suit and helmet will have been fixed up so it fits better and gives a better range of movement :)

I really hope that's just a miniature, whoever painted on those tube stripes looks like they were doing it mid-seizure... bubble lenses? What is this, some kind of ANH Hero/Stunt hybrid?

I was just thinking that the helmets in the pic looked miniature. The paint on the desert one especially. Also the wood grain on the backdrop looks to betray the scale. Could be imagining it though. The stormie helmet definitely doesn't look 1:1, look at the teeth too. The material doesn't appear to be shiny abs either. I like the new stuff though, is the scout trooper respirator greeble on the sand helmet?

I love this, its the best bit of design expansion that I have ever seen.
You just cant tell the difference on most of it till you see it up close, perfect.
I want.

Agreed!

Design of armor pieces and helmet sharpened, details changed in a way, that you can´t tell it right away from a distance, BUT they "jump into your eyes" up close.
Love all the vents, cutouts and recessed/ raised areas, "cover-plates" on the seams etc.

Can´t wait to see all of this in action!!!

I like the additional detail. They look more like real armor than just curved plastic with some paint simulating real detail.

I wonder if Anovos will have a new kit or just keep selling the OT. R1 may be the only time we see this armor unless some of the other Anthology films are in this era.

If Anovos does make R1 ST suits/helmets, I bet they will be priced closer to the FO ST because of the complexity of the pieces. They appear to be much more detailed than the OT suits.

Last edited:
I have a stormtrooper suit made from fibreglass taken from an fx suit, being fibreglass I was able to cut and fill it to make it more accurate to the OT style. I may just turn it into one of these suits with a bit more work :)

These are some of the highlighted details that were pretty obvious. I agree that I like this "revised" version of the armor as a whole, as it presents it as it would be in the real world.

What I find interesting is that they added a recessed oval/divot on the handplates very much like the TFA handplates, which I found rather odd

RO1.jpg

RO2.jpg

RO3.jpg

RO4.jpg

RO5.jpg

RO6.jpg

The only bits I don't like are the slanted join tween the ab and back plates and the way the cod is hanging forwards some of the time. But that's it.

I get that some will like the sharpness, and I wouldn't have minded it if they had left the eyes alone. The eyes (not the lenses themselves) look overworked and too flat, and the organic sculpted quality is lost. It feels too sanitized, and feels too much like cosplayers on a screen as opposed to actors wearing ANH armor, and my connection to 1977 and to ANH is diluted as a result. Other than that, I think the film has a lot of great things going for it! :)

A better pic of the (unconfirmed) Rogue helmet

View attachment 519240 click to enlarge

Like the suit it looks a little reworked to me but nice none the less.
Not quite symmetrical.
I think the whole suit and helmet will have been fixed up so it fits better and gives a better range of movement :)

After comparing this helmet against the shots of helmets of TKs walking in water, I'd say that the designs are different. The unconfirmed picture, for example, has teeth close to the surface. The RO design shows teeth recessed, among a variety of other things. The eyes are also different, and the ears don't join with the helmet in the same way as they do on the RO design. The shape of the black brow is also different. There are more discrepancies, but I'm sure the ones I called out will be sufficient to make the point. :cheers

I get that some will like the sharpness, and I wouldn't have minded it if they had left the eyes alone. The eyes (not the lenses themselves) look overworked and too flat, and the organic sculpted quality is lost. It feels too sanitized, and feels too much like cosplayers on a screen as opposed to actors wearing ANH armor, and my connection to 1977 and to ANH is diluted as a result. Other than that, I think the film has a lot of great things going for it! :)

What kind of "cosplayers" do you see with such an exorbitant amount of money to throw into a costume of that quality? lol

I think the older pics could be scaled
Maquettes now we have better pics, and I love the 77 troopers but this 7 year old thought they were robots and was very disappointed when I held my first margarine tub sds helmet ten years ago. This is still totally in universe :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back