Rogue One Trailer - Costumes and Helmets

Re: Rogue one teaser!!!!!!!! Preview

Anyone out there thinking that Jan Orso is damn close to Jan Ors and that this nice guy with the beard looks a lot like Kyle Katarn.

The Trailer is great so far and there is more of the "old" Star Wars feeling to it than the Ep VII trailer could get out of me.

After the 32nd time watching it, just noticed the slow mix in the music of The Force theme and the slight dip to Imperial March playing at the same time. Just wonderful, love it all. It's like a film version of so many classic Star Wars video games too.

No Jedi in Rogue One? Think again: :p

giphy.gif

Poor Mon Mothma. She's got that one outfit to last her all the way to RotJ.

Jokes aside, it looks okay but I'm still apprehensive. TFA just kinda crushed all hope for me and both Monster and Godzilla did not impress me at all.

I just....don't... know anymore.

Seeing the Episode 7 teaser last year did not get me very excited. When TFA was released it was good but not great in my opinion. I figured I would never again experience the same magical feeling when I first saw ANH. This changed today. I am so stoked about this movie. I think it will tie the series together.

TazMan2000

Hello ......,
Nothing will ever give us the Magical experience as when ANH came out ,god it was so cool but that was 1977, lets all be so happy that it is still here for us to enjoy, my family and I love TFA, and when I saw the Trailer for R1, we freaked out that there where fricken old school stormtroopers, fantastic, yes it would be awesome if they had all of us to give the OK on the Armor for the TK's but... lets just be happy that they are making these movies, fantastic, I am 50 and am crying that I get to go to the theater and see my all time favorite movie series continue. Being a R2 Builder and know every detail about that little guy don't you think when I saw R2 in TFA, we said,"God Our R2's are so much better than that R2, but in the end we are just happy he is in the theater again!!!!!!
Go Star Wars!!!!!!! We love it!!!!!!!!
AL, HannaH, and Stone

I think that the movie is looking really promising. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I can't wait to see more pictures of the guy with long black hair and the black beard, who's wearing the tan clothes with red armor and has the big red tank on his back. I've been thinking of doing that costume but I gotta find more pictures first. :D

This is looking promising, I wonder if Donnie Yen is a Jedi?

about props, in the trailer, at around the 1 minute mark, where people were running out of the hangar, looks like pilot running past Felicity Jones were wearing Jason's helmet? (red and white checkered)

there was also one pilot wearing the red helmet is white mohawk, which is quite similar to one of the X-Wing pilots in ANH.

there was another pilot (next to "red") whose helmet was white with two crosshair type logo on it's forehead, pretty sure I have seen him in one of the OT movies too

here found some pic:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/ce/96/34ce96f5cea60639520f5da742774c44.jpg

the ones I think I had spotted

- Red 4 (top row second left next to Porkins)
- Jason and Gold 5 (middle row, middle 2 helmets)
- and the "generic(?)" white helmet with blue Rebels logo

r1-2.png

r1-1.png

Last edited:

Hello ......,
Nothing will ever give us the Magical experience as when ANH came out ,god it was so cool but that was 1977, lets all be so happy that it is still here for us to enjoy, my family and I love TFA, and when I saw the Trailer for R1, we freaked out that there where fricken old school stormtroopers, fantastic, yes it would be awesome if they had all of us to give the OK on the Armor for the TK's but... lets just be happy that they are making these movies, fantastic, I am 50 and am crying that I get to go to the theater and see my all time favorite movie series continue. Being a R2 Builder and know every detail about that little guy don't you think when I saw R2 in TFA, we said,"God Our R2's are so much better than that R2, but in the end we are just happy he is in the theater again!!!!!!
Go Star Wars!!!!!!! We love it!!!!!!!!
AL, HannaH, and Stone

I think I read a year or two ago that they hired people from the R2 club to work on the TFA R2. That could have been incorrect though.

I don't know if it is possible to have a movie have the same impact as Star Wars had in 1977 or a band have the same impact as the Beatles in the 60s.

I think I read a year or two ago that they hired people from the R2 club to work on the TFA R2. That could have been incorrect though.

I don't know if it is possible to have a movie have the same impact as Star Wars had in 1977 or a band have the same impact as the Beatles in the 60s.

Your right a couple of guys from R2 Builders group in Europe did build those R2's but just like all builds some you like and some you don't, I think our main critique is the paint color and the weathering. But at least R2 is there!!!!!!!,

Am I the only one that finds humor in seeing people saying "these troopers don't look accurate nor like ANH" lol well they arent supposed to. Thats like saying ROTJ/ESB troopers dont look like ANH. All episodes had changes within the troopers, small, but they are there.

Am I the only one that finds humor in seeing people saying "these troopers don't look accurate nor like ANH" lol well they arent supposed to. Thats like saying ROTJ/ESB troopers dont look like ANH. All episodes had changes within the troopers, small, but they are there.

I agree... I don't know if there is a merchandising motivation there or not (more differences mean more different merchandise to sell), or if it is just the propmasters wanting their own creations... but either way it just means we have more to love, hate and get on these forums and talk about... I love it :D

Yea I mean they look great but knowing Disney they are just trying to milk the heck out of star wars, I mean the other day I was at target that they had star wars TFO nose tissue lol.

One thing I did worry about this movie is I sure hope that they went with a girl lead mainly because shes one heck of an actor and out acted everyone else who auditioned and not because Disney wants to once again milk the star wars franchise by pushing girl merchandise out to the public seeing as there is already an infinite amount of "boy" merchandise. I would hate to see a film where a male lead or a male actor who was much better would have made it a much better movie but they decided to go a different route mainly for greed.

Yea I mean they look great but knowing Disney they are just trying to milk the heck out of star wars, I mean the other day I was at target that they had star wars TFO nose tissue lol.

One thing I did worry about this movie is I sure hope that they went with a girl lead mainly because shes one heck of an actor and out acted everyone else who auditioned and not because Disney wants to once again milk the star wars franchise by pushing girl merchandise out to the public seeing as there is already an infinite amount of "boy" merchandise. I would hate to see a film where a male lead or a male actor who was much better would have made it a much better movie but they decided to go a different route mainly for greed.

Oh, yeah, totally agree. Disney is *really* trying to push an agenda by casting SO MANY women in their Star Wars films. Those greedy gits!

rogue_one_cast.jpg

I mean, gosh, when is someone gonna stand up and help ensure that male actors can continue to find roles in Hollywood?

Oh, yeah, totally agree. Disney is *really* trying to push an agenda by casting SO MANY women in their Star Wars films. Those greedy gits!

View attachment 612682

I mean, gosh, when is someone gonna stand up and help ensure that male actors can continue to find roles in Hollywood?

Hahaha try again. Please re read my statement.

But just in case you still don't understand let me clarify.

I can care less if it's a girl role nor am I saying that Disney is casting "so many girls" I'm simply saying that I hope they are not casting leads mainly to push merchandise while a different sex actor who was bettet and would have outperformed her thus making it a better movie be pushed aside.

Last edited:

Hahaha try again. Please re read my statement.

But just in case you still don't understand let me clarify.

I can care less if it's a girl role nor am I saying that Disney is casting "so many girls" I'm simply saying that I hope they are not casting leads mainly to push merchandise while a different sex actor would have outperformed her thus making it a better movie.

That makes no sense, though. Disney already has the market on young women completely cornered. Their Disney princesses like Elsa, etc are a HUGE hit and basically synonymous with the sort of stuff little girls are into. Women grow up their whole lives ENVELOPED by Disney's properties. Girls are practically trained to identify with their products. Disney has never had and will never have problems getting females to buy into female-centric merchandise or films. They didn't purchase Marvel or Lucasfilm to seize more of that demographic, they did it to diversify into demographics they don't have a large market share in-- boys and men under the age of 50.

Like a Marvel exec reportedly said back before AoU in response to why they weren't producing a lot of Black Widow merchandise:

"That's not why Disney bought us. They already have the girls' market on lockdown."

Frankly, I find the notion of what you are implying-- and let's be clear, you are implying it, not asking it like an honest question-- to be utter nonsense. From a business perspective alone it makes no sense. To maximize your profits you build the largest, most diverse audience you can, not focus in on one that you already dominate within.

~JJ

That makes no sense, though. Disney already has the market on young women completely cornered. Their Disney princesses like Elsa, etc are a HUGE hit and basically synonymous with the sort of stuff little girls are into. Women grow up their whole lives ENVELOPED by Disney's properties. Girls are practically trained to identify with their products. Disney has never had and will never have problems getting females to buy into female-centric merchandise or films. They didn't purchase Marvel or Lucasfilm to seize more of that demographic, they did it to diversify into demographics they don't have a large market share in-- boys and men under the age of 50.

Like a Marvel exec reportedly said back before AoU in response to why they weren't producing a lot of Black Widow merchandise:

"That's not why Disney bought us. They already have the girls' market on lockdown."

Frankly, I find the notion of what you are implying-- and let's be clear, you are implying it, not asking it like an honest question-- to be utter nonsense. From a business perspective alone it makes no sense. To maximize your profits you build the largest, most diverse audience you can, not focus in on one that you already dominate within.

~JJ

Ops sorry man I meant pushing star wars merchandise to girl as you are correct they have their disney princess line pretty locked down. But I was referring to star wars in general. In a way I agree and disagree with my own comment if that makes sense, on one hand I would love to see this movie with the very best actors regardless of sex but at the same time girls should be able to come in as lead roles and be role models to young ones in the star wars universe so in a way I'm kinda torn here. Either way I hope they did a good choice in the lead role and only time will tell.

They aren't suppose to? :lol Really? Says who exactly? If its taking place right before Star Wars, they should look the same.

They were the same in Star Wars and ESB except for the black mouth which they did because they had to repaint the helmets. They changed in ROTJ because the original suits wore out and they did a crap job copying them. Yep not a fan of those either.

The suits in Rogue One look like modified Disney park suits. If Anovos can make an accurate looking suit it really shouldn't have been that hard for Disney.

People just don't get it.....Star Wars is and always has been....cheesy and corny.;).....Yoda is a muppet, much of the dialogue is really ordinary, some of the acting is terrible, much of the prequels and Jar Jar suck,.....but I LOVE IT!!

I saw ANH when I was 12 and I can't wait to get TFA on Blu Ray. This new film looks just awesome, the girl and the guy characters look like Rey and Poe, which is weird and Forest Whittaker?...but to see OT Stormtroopers back and AT ATs on the beach, holy monkey!! Going to the theatre and seeing more Star Wars is sweet!

It's going to be great, cheesy, corny fun great:D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back