Limited Run Rogue One Shoretrooper E-22 Blaster Rifle Kits

Back in the shop today. Progress continues.

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with the details.

So I've removed the magazine well from the right hand side of the main body:

And I'm almost done cleaning up the mounting area for the cheek pad:

This part should be going under rubber tommorrow:

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with the details.

Just interested in an update on this project - hope all is going according to plan. Thanks - Steve

Progress continues according to plan. Just not quite a quickly as I'd like. For starters, after wracking my brain trying to think of a good way to cast the sling mounting eyes so they'd be strong enough to hang an actual sling off of them, I finally decided to just order a bunch of them and include real steel hardware with every kit:
I'm sure a lot of folks won't actually attach a sling, but at least they'll have a sturdy option to do so.

The last two details I found I was missing was a couple of rivet heads on the muzzle end:

With those in place, I gave everything it's final coat of primer:

On the back end, I added a couple of pieces of PVC pipe:

These will serve as pour spouts during casting and, after cutting off all but 1/8", will make the gap between the stock and the buttplate.The part that's taking a lot longer than I ever plan for is the actual building of the clay parting wall now that everything's ready to mold:

I wrapped up things in the shop about midnight last night, so today I'll at least have the print coat on this side of the main body. That, and I should have box molds poured for most of the little pieces:

Not pictured: the Hengstler counter, capacitors, scope, rear sight assembly, flashlight, and buttplate. These will all be cast separately from the main body.

So it's moving right along.

If you'd like a copy of this kit, post here and I'll PM you with the details.

Last edited:
Fantastic work, thank so much these are going to be epic!!!!! And nice with the Hardware!!!!

It seemed like a good idea. It'll raise my costs by a couple of dollars per kit, but I think it'll make for a much better finished product.

Looking GREAT - can hardly wait - keep up the good work !!!
Steve

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Last night I got the mold wall finished for the main body:

Then I poured the first layer of rubber:

Tonight I'll be building up more silicone on this side so I can lay up the fiberglass mothermold tomorrow. Once that cures, it'll be time to flip the whole thing over, remove the clay, and build the second half of the mold. I'll be making mold boxes for all of the little pieces at that point as well.

So that's the latest news on this project.

NOTE: If you'd like to see any of these pics in higher resolution, click on them and it'll take you to the full-size version on Flickr.

If you'd like a copy of this kit, post here and I'll PM you with the details.

First half of the main mold is complete.

Second half and greeblie bits will be molded next week. I'm out of the shop for SDCC.

If anyone else wants a copy of this blaster, post here and I'll PM you with details.

simply stunning fella! drop me a pm with how to get in on this run ;-)

PM Sent.

I neglected to post a pic of the first half of the mold:

That's it at the top of the frame. Those other two are for an unrelated project.

If anyone else wants a copy of this blaster, post here and I'll PM you with details.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back