Limited Run Rogue One Shoretrooper E-22 Blaster Rifle Kits

Beautiful work Shawn, so good to see the base gun cast from the airsoft sterling :) Will you be producing the standard E-11 too?

I wanted to be sure that the scale was right. The airsoft Sterling seemed like the best way to do that without using actual, antique firearms.

Eventually I'll be making a standard E-11, but right now it's not a priority.

I just wrapped up my weekend displaying prop and costume replicas at the Bay Area Maker Faire. I'll be back in the shop tomorrow putting the finishing touches on the prototypes so I can start pouring rubber. Photos soon.
Awesome hope that went good for you!! Thanks for the update.

Awesome hope that went good for you!! Thanks for the update.

It went alright. I barely got a moment to breathe and I really wish I could've gotten out and seen more of the other displays, but mine was pretty thoroughly swamped with people the entire time. Here's a snapshot from one of the calmer moments:

Back to the workshop for me. I'll be posting more progress pics later tonight.

In the meantime, if anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with details.

UPDATE!

It took me a couple of tries to work out the kinks, but I've now got a good cast of the base Sterling with all of the details intact. Here's a closeup:

After hacking off the parts I don't need, here it is with the buttstock and forward end added on:

Next up, I'll be making the modifications to the trigger guard area before adding the rails and a few small details in preparation for molding.

In the meantime, if anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with details.

Progress continues:

Of note, after a couple of different modelers have failed to make the trigger guard look right, I finally decided to just make one by hand out of wood:

I've also carved an undercut into the cheek pad on the buttstock. Here it is after the first pass with filler:

I've got a bit more work to do to smooth out that area.

I've also started attaching the fins to the front end:

Progress would be quicker, but for some reason I just want to hold it all the time:

Today I should have the rest of the fins attached on the front end. I'll also be fine tuning the block where the flashlight attaches.

If anyone else wants a copy of this kit, please post here and I'll PM you with details.

PM Sent.

In other news, I'm just about done tuning up the front end:

Just a bit more sanding and I'll be ready to mold it. So here's about how the whole thing looks right now:

I'm thinking of removing the magazine well from the left side and molding it separately. Any thoughts?

Also, post here if you'd like a kit and I'll PM you with details.

PM Sent.

In other news, I'm just about done tuning up the front end:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4286/35090195796_7880b6a018_c.jpg

Just a bit more sanding and I'll be ready to mold it. So here's about how the whole thing looks right now:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4290/35006624732_a4e8ee35df_h.jpg

I'm thinking of removing the magazine well from the left side and molding it separately. Any thoughts?

Also, post here if you'd like a kit and I'll PM you with details.

That's a good Idea for sure, for molding and for shipping etc, Thumbs up here!!!
And looks fantastic brother.
AL

That's a good Idea for sure, for molding and for shipping etc, Thumbs up here!!!
And looks fantastic brother.
AL

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably end up molding it separately.

In other news, I decided to grind off the outer layer of the cheek plate on the buttstock:

Then I printed a new one:

I haven't decided if I'll cast it separately or just glue it on and make it one piece after all of the recessed area is smoothed out.

That's all well and good. The only thing holding me up right now is the fact that I'll be away for the next two weeks with the naval reserve. I should be pouring rubber in the first couple of days when I get back.

If you want a kit, post here and I'll PM you with the details.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably end up molding it separately.

In other news, I decided to grind off the outer layer of the cheek plate on the buttstock:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4207/35369847085_e9284b0a04_c.jpg

Then I printed a new one:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4222/34536985764_e5cdc09704_c.jpg

I haven't decided if I'll cast it separately or just glue it on and make it one piece after all of the recessed area is smoothed out.

That's all well and good. The only thing holding me up right now is the fact that I'll be away for the next two weeks with the naval reserve. I should be pouring rubber in the first couple of days when I get back.

If you want a kit, post here and I'll PM you with the details.

I like also having that piece separate, more detail!!!! Thanks for the update, sweet!!! Have a safe two weeks.
AL

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back