Rogue One Rebel trooper ID thread

I used a Rogue One trailer screen grab from Cassian's chest greeblie and a few other references. It looks close enough for the Premier. I might make it more accurate once I get more info. https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BrayomXf...YusAHG_S9776_jQCLcB/s1600/chest+greeblie2.pngI have since rounded the outside edge a little more. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eRapL9Fm..._10-32-01PM-000_CustomizedView15742892419.png https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XlYrlAhr...gUqb2UAGkmj1krzIENo7FAyQCLcB/s320/printed.jpg I will check on the progress of the "under review" at once its cleared you should be able to get it from; https://www.myminifactory.com/users/Canny
Are you making this for a standard rebel???

Does anyone know the maker of goggles used?

I have the correct one that's been sitting in a box for over 16 years but the lens is cracked.
No markings on it for the maker.

The goggles used for Jyn Erso are the Cebe Model 15. These are older style but can still be found occasionaly. I did not check all of the variations for the rebel troopers but at least some use this same goggle. There are new versions of the Cebe style and there is more detail information in the rpf Jyn Erso build thread.

The goggles used for Jyn Erso are the Cebe Model 15. These are older style but can still be found occasionaly. I did not check all of the variations for the rebel troopers but at least some use this same goggle. There are new versions of the Cebe style and there is more detail information in the rpf Jyn Erso build thread.

Thanks. :thumbsup

Are you referring to the Hoth pack piece?

The block with the 5 openings should be about 1"x 4 7/8"
The rest should scale off of that.

I stopped by JoAnn's Fabrics while on lunch today and found a mesh (cargo netting) that will pass for the sniper veil.
It comes in black or white (if you wish to try dying it)
$7.99 a yard and it's about 60" wide.

Found it right next to the nylon fabric.

Just a note on the flak vest which people keep referring to as "m69" it's correct name is "armor, body, fragmentation, with 3/4 collar" or simply "3/4 collar flak vest". You'll get better search results that way, as there isn't a flak vest model named "m69", but I digress. Currently on ebay there are a bunch under $100.
Between the US 3/4 collar flak vest and Rogue One vest there are several notable differences on the zipper placement, shoulder stitching, collar stitching, and kidney area. One could probably modify it to get close as the zipper and side closures are all applied to the face of the vest and could be ripped off without causing any structural problems. Several nations made a very similar vest in the 1970s and 80s, so that might be worth keeping in mind if you're keen to hold out for the exact model of vest.

and a little on the heavy side;)

Premiered - who else? ^^ PreFro.png

15590072_730443477114104_8907261639871745384_n.jpg

Pure speculation regarding the trooper boots; but it looks like every other boot on this production is a Frye model with stuff stuck on them so maybe follow that lead instead.

Seeing the movie three times now, it looks like the blue flak vests may have been dyed with something rather than painted. If you look closely, especially on Cassian Andor's vest, the original green thread on the seams is visible, as if the dye didn't take on that material. That said, anyone know a dye that will color nylon? I don't think Rit dye will do...

I think I know how to make the blasters the Rebels use. It is an M4 carbine with the stoke and forward grip removed, then a small 10 round magazine stead of the 30 round. Also a separate magazine well for a 5 round Barrett magazine(that is the second magazine. on top there is a barska red-dot scope on top. The forward hand guard that is used is probably not custom, I have seen hard guards like that before.

PH8mmKsEQ6Q7bf_1_l.jpg
Rogue-One-Cassian-Andor-Diego-Luna.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back