Rogue One prop used in cowboy bebop. (slight spoiler from cowboy bebop)

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,
was just watching cowboy bebop and noticed they used a very slightly modified Rogue one prop there!
will carry on with a spoiler tag:

here is Jyn's blaster with a slightly different bottom part. maybe they just used a kit that they modified or something. that was fun to see, especially since we first see just the blurry shape of it but I was pretty sure, and then afterwards they put the close up!
jynerso_cowboybebop1.jpg

cheers

ok, full of Blade Runner references too! (and a bit of Alien too!) I think they might even have used the blade runner shotgun that someone did a run of here! I would need to check to be sure! lots of cool nods!

That episode had some lines lifted from Blade Runner too.
yes I didn't want to spoil or anything. But yes, a whole monologue IN FRENCH! ahah. and another fun detail regarding a certain door :) :)
also the decoration of a certain bar is very familiar!

Ha… wonder if this was borrowed from lucasfilm or they purposely replicated it
yeah, I assumed they used a kit from Fieldmarshall or something as they modified the bottom and it seems they did a lot of fan service for props in that series. but yeah, maybe the real prop was modified and re-used :)

yeah, I assumed they used a kit from Fieldmarshall or something as they modified the bottom and it seems they did a lot of fan service for props in that series. but yeah, maybe the real prop was modified and re-used :)
That’s so damn cool

Looks like the pistol is the AW kit - some of those details on the bracket that loops over the ejector area should only be on the left side, while the AW mirrored them on both sides (the step and small slot at the start of the u-shaped bend, and the small nub between the screws on the side, for example).

1637707154967.jpeg

So this is what they most likely used for jynns?
Other way around! WE Airsoft produced a P08 6" airsoft pistol which was eventually used by the production of Rogue One as the base for Jyn's blaster. After the movie was released, AW Custom created a metal conversion kit for the WE airsoft pistol - the conversion kit generally looked the part but wasn't super accurate :)

Other way around! WE Airsoft produced a P08 6" airsoft pistol which was eventually used by the production of Rogue One as the base for Jyn's blaster. After the movie was released, AW Custom created a metal conversion kit for the WE airsoft pistol - the conversion kit generally looked the part but wasn't super accurate :)
thats what i was trying to confirm, thank you! so this new show just grabbed a airsoft not realizing it was a replica of a prop from star wars lol love this story lol

thats what i was trying to confirm, thank you! so this new show just grabbed a airsoft not realizing it was a replica of a prop from star wars lol love this story lol

Well, John Cho said in an interview on the CBC that everyone behind the camera was a massive Cowboy Beebop fan. I would think that most Beebop fans are also Star Wars fans. I'd say it's more likely than not that the propsmaster and armourer were well aware that this was Jyn's blaster - especially as in the first episode (which is all I've actually seen, my friends and I are watching one episode a week together like we did with Loki and Mandalorian) all the weapons are very iconic real firearms - and just threw it in as an easter egg.

Well, John Cho said in an interview on the CBC that everyone behind the camera was a massive Cowboy Beebop fan. I would think that most Beebop fans are also Star Wars fans. I'd say it's more likely than not that the propsmaster and armourer were well aware that this was Jyn's blaster - especially as in the first episode (which is all I've actually seen, my friends and I are watching one episode a week together like we did with Loki and Mandalorian) all the weapons are very iconic real firearms - and just threw it in as an easter egg.
im gonna have to check this show out, its a netflix show?

im gonna have to check this show out, its a netflix show?

The live-action one that we're all talking about is, yes.

The first episode - and apparently the entire series - hews very closely to the 1998 anime, which has some people extremely pleased and others slightly disappointed. Cowboy Beebop is my second or third favourite anime ever, so I'm happy that they're staying faithful to the original. The overall tone is, I think, not out of synch with Firefly or Mandalorian.

I'm certain the original anime influenced Firefly and I'd not be surprised if it influenced Mandalorian as well. Where one streams the anime, I don't know, as I own it on DVD.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back