Done / Completed Rogue One Message Drive / Solo Train Key

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Offering these two similar prop replicas in my etsy for $20 each or $12 for kits. Paint Mask Stencils and Star Wars Props by TrooperTrent

One is the Rogue One Message Drive that Bodhi brings to Saw.
Screen Shot 09-30-17 at 04.29 PM 001.PNGScreen Shot 09-30-17 at 04.28 PM.PNG

The other is the Imperial Security key for the Conveyex train in the Solo movie.
train key.jpg

These are 3d printed in resin on my DLP machine(gray for Rogue One, black for Solo) so they are very clean, great quality with no print lines.
e1ba97455e0a71ace44b111143cf98c5.jpg

8d6e90f3d0cdddbf8a0f50c31269249b.jpg

5c5d513b0fe08b97cfbd908493c57f15.jpg

The circuit patterns are are machine cut from vinyl and the Solo train key comes with a 24" bead chain necklace.
Due to a lack of reference the actual color of the circuit traces is hard to discern, so if you want a specific option for the circuit board traces just put it in the notes.
The options are
Stainless gold foil (stainless steel streak pattern, lighter gold, very metallic)
Stainless silver foil (stainless steel streak pattern, very metallic)
Off White (another option for the Solo Key based on the one reference photo available)

Screen Shot 09-30-17 at 04.28 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 09-30-17 at 04.29 PM 001.PNG

train key.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Rogue One Galen Erso Message Drive

would you allow it to be printed on shapeways in metal? or extra fine detail plastic?

I definitely want one.

What would you guys say is a fair price for a finished piece vs a kit? each one takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to print depending orientation and probably another hour to cut and apply the traces as well as paint / weather the housing, plus material cost.

What would you guys say is a fair price for a finished piece vs a kit? each one takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to print depending orientation and probably another hour to cut and apply the traces as well as paint / weather the housing, plus material cost.

Difficult to estimate without knowing what the material costs are or what your hourly labor rate is. If I had to guess I would say based on the fact that it's resin and not metal maybe $25 for a kit and $35-40 finished.

That being said, would it be possible to have a version made in metal with actual PCB board w/gold traces?

Last edited:
Rogue One Galen Erso Message Drive

Difficult to say without knowing what the material costs are or what your hourly labor rate is.

a1606526910_2-300x300.jpg

[emoji4]

yeah it's hard to judge material costs with 3d printed items because you never know how many you can make from a bottle of resin, machine wear and tear, etc.

Last edited:
Rogue One Galen Erso Message Drive

Interested in a completed version of both .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Interested in a completed version of both, depending price.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Both look awesome - very well done! :love
If you consider to ship to Germany I'm interested in a Solo key as well as the Rogue One Chip.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back