Rogue One - Death Star Hard Drive

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Aditrap

Half the payments are in, will be picking up more resin tomorrow and then ordering the acrylics when the last few members pay invoices. If anyone's interested in the progress I'll be posting some stories on instagram.

Backup list is still open if anyone new is interested.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Aditrap

Hi, my Etsy is actually on pause to focus solely on this run. I'd initially posted the kits there, so Kraig and I just swapped Etsy for RPF. If you still want to check it out I post most of my work over here.

For the kit, there needs to be holes drilled for the wires, circuit board (or glue, I just preferred to make them removable in case I updated graphics, which is paying off), and handles. All other pieces included just need to be glued in place. Then just paint the body and few silver/copper details. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Aditrap

First few out of the mold!
IMG_6746.jpg

Aditrap

With 9 kits/finished paid +1 for my own, I’ll be ordering acrylic sets likely on Friday morning. Everyone who I received a response from has paid, so I’ll be releasing the last few spots to anyone on the backup list tomorrow morning (or anyone else interested) if they can pay before I place the order on the acrylics. Will keep the thread posted with progress pics as I work :)

ZombieBait

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got your message just now...I can pay in full tomorrow....I work in a school so no checks in the summer. :)

One day more is all I ask...please. :)

Aditrap

Last call and fun update:

Don't have a chopsaw, but a 3D printed jig and pull saw will do the trick apparently
IMG_6744.jpg

Last call for anyone who hasn't been in contact with me yet, and to clarify I'll be shipping internationally but will send an shipping expense invoice once the kit/finished is ready to be sent out.

Aditrap

And a huge thanks to user Tuckanator for pointing out that the bottom clear acrylic piece should be a few mm taller. Not a huge change, but the final version will match the visual guide better now.
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 12.48.29 AM.png

OddballFett

This would make a cool DVD case for the movie if it could be rigged that way.

Not a serious suggestion, just idly thinking. Might be a fun project for anyone who bought a kit.

Aditrap

Quadruple checked everything and placed a hefty order for 15 sets of acrylics. Thanks everyone for mobilizing so quickly as I can now get started on everything else in the 2-3 weeks it will take them to be produced and arrived. Excited to see this new iteration (3rd one since Birdies 2017 run), and as always I post all work in progress on islander_replicas.

Aditrap

Hi everyone, quick update. I've prepped everything I can before the arrival of the acrylics and another batch of resin. Ie wires, clear acrylic half-tubes, and aluminum rods have all been cut to length, and other misc bits are all set as well. Now just waiting on the acrylics and casting a few more main bodies :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.