Rogue Hunter, WiP

Thanks a lot for the compliments, gents!

But, I've got a bit of a problem: have any of you more experienced fellas ever had any problems with paint cracking after applying a sealant over the work? The paint on he base is cracking, and it's getting severe enough that I'm concerned it'll eventually ruin the paintwork. I used Krylon Matte and then later on used Dullcote, and the cracking is still persisting. Thanks for any help, guys!

this maybe don't help, but I never use this combination of krylon and dullcote, just use dullcote only and some times for skin wet I use satin clear but not use diferent type of coats in same kit………. sorry hope you can repair craking

Extreme cracking, sometimes known as alligatoring, is caused when a second or third coat of paint is applied before the previous coat dries completely.
In some cases, cracking is caused when the undercoat is incompatible with the type of finish coat applied to the surface.

Hope this is helpfull.

Erwin

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back