Roger Corman Doctor Doom Mask thread help

ARCtrooper2112

I found a thread a while back about a person who either made a replica or got a hold of a casting of the Doctor Doom mask used in the production of The Fantastic Four (1994). I recently went to revisit the thread only to find a page that said it could not find the thread I was looking for. I then searched google images hoping to find a picture from the thread, and finally! I had found it, only to be greeted by the same error screen. I was able to get the url of one of the images, I'll paste it here: https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/doomed-roger-corman-dr-doom-mask-1994-ready.243400/page-6 all help is appreciated, I hope it's possible to locate it somehow, I very much would like to get my hands on a casting of it for myself.

There were quite a few people interested in this but I think it's a safe bet that it's not going to happen. The last update I'm aware of indicated that the mold was probably damaged or lost in a flood.
It's a shame that the thread has been removed (not sure why that happened).

I was one of those interested people as well. I don’t want to tag the member as he clearly doesn’t want to be contacted anymore but it seems like it would have been incredibly easy for him to just clarify that he doesn’t want to or can not make any more if that is the case.
By deleting that thread, we’ve lost a TON of good reference of this mask.. I’ve messaged him a few times over the years and never gotten a reply.

If anyone has a copy from the original mold I would be happy to mold and offer them to the community.

I talked to him a while back.
His home got flooded, badly! Im not gonna discuss details cause its his personal life, but I can only assume hes got alot going on and I wish him the best. I hope everything is okay and that he'll get back to it.

If anyone does have a copy and can make a mold id like to get a copy. Hell if anyone can make a 3D printed model of it, its something.

I have one of these masks from him and can post reference, or if given permission from him directly, could make more from the one I have.

48B7C731-E08C-43E2-BEB7-1B884F994C47.jpeg
89C82A99-FF31-4D09-A0FE-6FAFA7BE4042.jpeg

Last edited:
I messaged him about getting permission, but he hasn't been on here since April. I hope he's OK either way, but hopefully I'll hear back from him.

He sent me some photos of his original mold. I think the silicone has been stored inverted which is unfortunate, but hopefully it hasn’t caused too many issues.

At this point, I’m just waiting to hear back from him on whether or not he wants to go through with sending the mold. Hopefully I’ll know soon. I’m doing my absolute best to make this happen.

Attachments

• 5DE159CA-203B-43CE-AE08-80FD885DEFEF.jpeg
    5DE159CA-203B-43CE-AE08-80FD885DEFEF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 161
  • 96FDD5A2-8A65-4A05-9D17-06FB9DEF8796.jpeg
    96FDD5A2-8A65-4A05-9D17-06FB9DEF8796.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 137
  • 6C60A182-42FD-4AC5-AA72-716415455C90.jpeg
    6C60A182-42FD-4AC5-AA72-716415455C90.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
Well guys, I tried my hardest to make this happen for everyone, but it seems to be going nowhere. Sorry for getting folks hopes up.
Hey I really appreciate it <3

At this point... If any of us know someone who knows how to make 3D models, 3D prints? Thats out best bet! And Im honestly surprised no ones tried to make the Mask in a 3D model to print.

But lord If someone does put my on the list for one!

Hi there,

Just noticed this thread tonight.

I can't understand why my original thread got deleted, but I'm. the person who has the original mask.

A bit of info. My house got flooded, in 2020, my workshop was destroyed and its now just a dumping ground.. can't even get to my workbench, there's so much junk in there. The mould however is fine.

Shortly after this, I went blind in one eye... and started suffering from strange muscle problems, weakness and problems with dexterity. I found out late 2021 after months of tests that I have Multiple Sclerosis. As of today, I'm still waiting for medication.

My life is so over the place at the moment, making the masks is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

I obviously don't want my masks to be directly recast, beyond the originals that I made in the agreement.

thank you,

Richard.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Just noticed this thread tonight.

I can't understand why my original thread got deleted, but I'm. the person who has the original mask.

A bit of info. My house got flooded, in 2020, my workshop was destroyed and its now just a dumping ground.. can't even get to my workbench, there's so much junk in there. The mould however is fine.

Shortly after this, I went blind in one eye... and started suffering from strange muscle problems, weakness and problems with dexterity. I found out late 2021 after months of tests that I have Multiple Sclerosis. As of today, I'm still waiting for medication.

My life is so over the place at the moment, making the masks is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

I obviously don't want my masks to be directly recast, beyond the originals that I made in the agreement.

thank you,

Richard.
Man, so sorry to hear about all of that going on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back