Rodian / Greedo mask fail

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Mad Monty, Jun 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mad Monty

Mad Monty New Member

20150615_202512.jpg
    Well my project.....failed miserably. Now since this failure, I am on the search for a Greedo mask by Don Post, Rubies, or some one that could do a better job than me. I hope you all can help.

2. scythe1980

scythe1980 New Member

check out troy from this website, you'll have to email him through the contact button. be warned though, he's not a full time mask maker. he's a special effects artist and does the masks on the side as custom order. i've got his mon calamari mask i wear as part of a jedi costume for conventions and i couldn't be happier with his work. he's already got a rodian mold he made for "fun"

http://sevenheadstenhorns.com/

3. Doh2

Doh2 Sr Member

I'd not bother with a Don Post if I were you. I had one that melted within about 5 years of new purchase. Horribly thin rubber.

4. framdam

framdam Active Member

I build masks, greedo being one of them. Drop me a pm if your interested. Here is a picture of it with it being worn with costume.
    10404884_10153212698322300_7008436823228910069_n.jpg

Sith4Life and Zwilliamo like this.
  5. bdgr

bdgr Member

framdam,

That is so awesome looking.

framdam likes this.
  6. SciFiMuseum

SciFiMuseum Well-Known Member

That is very nice! Would love one of those.

7. Doh2

Doh2 Sr Member

Framdam, that blows the Don Post out of the water!

8. framdam

framdam Active Member

9. cunningham

cunningham Active Member

How did your mask fail? I can't really tell from the picture, but did you try covering your sculpt in latex rubber rather than molding it in stone? Just curious.