Limited Run Rocketeer Style Boots - FINISHED!

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
rocketeer-prototypes_zpscs93ducd.jpg

I was thinking of doing a run of ready-made Rocketeer Boots for those interested. These will be made by the same cobbler as our ready-made Falcon Boots. The above photo shows a prototype I had made and I'm very happy with the results. I think for screen accuracy I'll go a couple shades darker though for the main run.

The price would be $275 (shipping included), so let me know if there is enough interest and we'll look at doing a run in standard sizes from men's 9 to 12 (including half-widths). If you want a larger size, we can accomodate as long as the order comes in before we start the run.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Last edited:
Re: Rocketeer Style Boots - $275 (Shipped)

Looks like there is a good amount of interest here, so I'll start looking at doing this run... stay tuned.

Interested! I'm an 8.5 amd I out of luck? guess I could size up to 9 if they don't run big.

If you're 100% certain about getting a pair, let me know and I'll make sure we have an 8.5 included in the run.

No, not specifically. We've got a bunch of things on our plate at the moment, but will get the ball rolling on these shortly.

Ready to start production on these, but want your opinion on the color. The original prototypes shown above were made in a dark tan, but I think a brown leather would be more accurate to the original Rocketeer boots. Here are leather samples in light brown, medium brown and dark brown:

browns_zps6z0fict0.jpg

I'm debating between the light and medium brown. What do you guys think?

Kind regards,
Magnoli

The Dehner Field Boots have a cap toe and no side lacing.

That's a great photo of the originals though, I'll be using this to update our pattern for sure! I agree that the medium brown is the way to go on this, so I'll get these started asap.

Our first run will be 15 pairs, so most sizes will have one or two pairs available, so hopefully those of you who have expressed interest will be able to pick up a pair in the first run. If not, we'll use the initial sales to gauge sizing popularity for the next run. No one will miss out. ;)

I assume there will be room around the calf to tuck the jodphers, right? Save me a size 10.5.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back