Unlimited Run Rocketeer Helmets

Thank you Oz! Once again great kit! Had fun working on it with my daughter! And thanks for such a quick response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozymandius Hi! I'm pretty young (born in 2003), I only recently discovered The Rocketeer. I'm glad I finally checked it out, its a fantastic movie.
I am not sure if this has already been asked but, what painting method do you recommend for one of your kits? The cold cast ones look beautiful but are considerably out of my price range although, I hope to eventually purchase one. My initial thought was to use rub-n-buff, but that can reactivate and has tarnished over time on my past projects. My guess as to how they painted the hero props would be with an airbrush. any help or input from anyone is appreciated greatly.

:)

I use basically the same technique as Mr Mold maker but slightly simplified so that it can be repaired easily.
Black primer topped with Rustoleum Bright Gold (the only good paint they make IMO). The aged brass effect comes from doing a sponge wash of burnt umber, only I use a brush instead of an airbrush.

Brush on a wash of acrylic Burnt Umber, then sponge off with a damp terry cloth towel. Repeat as necessary. Last step is to give it a good gloss clear coat to bring back some of the luster.

I use basically the same technique as Mr Mold maker but slightly simplified so that it can be repaired easily.
Black primer topped with Rustoleum Bright Gold (the only good paint they make IMO). The aged brass effect comes from doing a sponge wash of burnt umber, only I use a brush instead of an airbrush.

Brush on a wash of acrylic Burnt Umber, then sponge off with a damp terry cloth towel. Repeat as necessary. Last step is to give it a good gloss clear coat to bring back some of the luster.
Thank You Oz! I haven't used Rustoleum Bright Gold yet, but I will try it.

Oz's Rocketeer Helmets are back.

View attachment 741539View attachment 741540View attachment 741541

View attachment 785459View attachment 785460View attachment 785461

View attachment 741542

Art Deco helmet stands are now also available as both kits and finished too.

View attachment 741543

Helmets:

Finished with padding and leather straps: $450

Kits: $180 +sh
. (Does not include padding or straps)

Cold-Cast Bronze: $600 (includes padding and straps as standard)

Stands
:

Unpainted stand: $45 +sh
Painted stand: $60 +sh

Helmet and Stand pack:

Finished Helmet and Stand pack: $510 +sh

Cold-cast bronze Helmet and stand pack: $650 +sh

Helmet and Stand kit: $220 + sh.

Payment is handled via Paypal invoice but I also accept alternative methods if you prefer. To order, please leave a message here and then PM me with your email and shipping addresses. You will then be sent a Paypal invoice (same thing as Ebay) that will automate the checkout process when you click "Pay Now".

I'm also happy to offer Layaway payments to anyone that wants them. I simply set aside an item once you've made a deposit and then you make payments that are convenient for you. There is no interest , no charge, no strings attached. This is a hobby and paying for it should be as stress free as possible.

I don't add padding due to size differences, but I do recommend Valor's Rocketeer helmet liners. They fit perfectly and finish off the look with the leather straps. Done / Completed - Rocketeer Helmet Liner
I am very Interested in a Rocketeer Helmet . Let me know if you still offer these ??
Best, KPAX09

Yes we do! What are you interested in?
Anything else Rocketeer based you have to offer? My helmet I got from you was very nice, painted up really well.

Attachments

• 1C912BC7-694D-4C4F-ADF0-6A29CE3840F3.jpeg
    1C912BC7-694D-4C4F-ADF0-6A29CE3840F3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back