Rocketeer Helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

sargent venom

This is my first "proper" post to show my own work. I've previously hidden my stuff away on a blog site which shows in more detail how I went about this build. The blog, for anyone who is interested, can be found here.
I figure, a bit of exposure to a more critically astute audience would help me develop a bit :)

I have long been a fan of the film Rocketeer, having originally being drawn to it from childhood memories of watching reruns of an old black and white TV series called "King of the Rocketmen". (my next project I think). This build was a bit of a return to paper pepakura builds (you will notice I couldn't resist the odd bit of foam!), but I am ashamed to say I have long forgotten the author of the pep file I used. Hopefully, someone here will be able to shed light on it so I can give proper credit on here and on my blogpage.

PepFile.gif

Please excuse the size, I am having a NIGHTMARE with resizing and long pauses for "Autosave". Screen lag is very offputting for a speedy touch typist!

But I digress.

After the obligatory paper gluing, resin and Isopon filler, Stage1 was complete...

Phase1.gif

What followed was a bit of an "experimental process" for the vents and lenses but I ended up with something I am pretty happy with (mostly).

FoamWork.gif VentandFin.gif NoWeather.gif Finished.gif

Hopefully, the end result is a passable attempt and despite it being a bit TOO BIG FOR MY HEAD, I think it deserves a decent liner to go inside.
Normally I just pad them out with foam but this one is getting the star treatment.

Hope you like it :)

Attachments

• PepFile.gif
    PepFile.gif
    93.1 KB · Views: 114

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.