ROCKETEER HELMET WHO DOES ONE

The kit you want is the Monsters in Motion one. The ones you most often see on ebay are NOT worth the money and neither is the one sold by Frontier Models. The MIM kit can be made into a very accurate helmet with some work but don't let the 'one-piece' kit fool you. If you want to do it right, it takes a LOT of dremeling - a lot more work than what most folks realize. I'm finishing one now... I think it's my sixth MIM kit and I've finished at least three other versions along with owning three other versions myself over the past five years. So far, the only two kit replicas worth having are the one previously made by a board member and the MIM kit and the MIM kit is far easier to find since the board member doesn't make his anymore.

Rob

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saintg @ Jan 31 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]1408546[/snapback]</div>
Hmm, I sell the same version helmet and I have a much better shipping time.
George :D
www.timeslipcreations.com
[/b]

Exactly... it's also referred to as the Acme kit sometimes. Wherever you get it, anybody that's interested... get THAT version of the helmet. And if you can get it through a board member, all the better, eh? :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back