Rocketeer Costume for the lady

David

Hi guys and gals, as the title says am looking for an outfit for the good lady. I have just purchased Ozymandius helmet from the junkyard and the missus is in love with it. She has said that she would love the costume to and maybe would like to attend an event dressed as Rocketeer!!! How happy has that made me!!!!! Any how any ideas on where I can get the full outfit please let me know.

David

I would have her look at some photos of how female pilots dressed in that era. Maybe the look that Amelia Earhart had in the Night at the Museum sequel? It was sexy but also historically accurate (I think).
Also, you may want to consider giving her helmet an alternate color if it is not already painted. I always thought the helmet would look cool with a nickel finish.
Those are just a few of my ideas, but I definately think an Amelia Earhart look would be sick for a female Rocketeer.
Looking forward to what you two come up with!

There's a take on a female Rocketeer in the #3 issue of The Rocketeer Adventures, where Betty dresses up:

thumbnail.php

that could be hot! i picked up a rocketeer helmet a couple weeks ago at comic con.i wish i could get my fiance a little more interested in this!

There has been a resin model of a female Rocketeer floating around evilBay -er, eBay.

attachment.php

I think I'd struggle to get her to wear that (outside the house anyway). Emailed Wested regarding making the jacket/dress in Rocketeer #2 comic. Awaiting his response.

David

Still waiting to hear back from the jacket maker, any trouser ideas just in case?

I think it would be a shame if she didnt do the garters and nylons thing. :love

Not to be sexist, promise. My fiancee, for example, absolutely loves wearing pinup stuff like that; she would have a closet to rival Bettie Page's prime, if she had her druthers.

I think it would be a shame if she didnt do the garters and nylons thing. :love

Not to be sexist, promise. My fiancee, for example, absolutely loves wearing pinup stuff like that; she would have a closet to rival Bettie Page's prime, if she had her druthers.

I'm hoping she will, got to get the jacket custom made first

Did she ever get the custom jacket made? How did it turn out? Would you mind letting us know which company you used?

Thanks!

So went to my 1st con this year, wearing my Rocketeer Costume. "Some girl" comes up to me and asks me all sorts of questions about it (which was fine/fun) and my though after was "that girl really has some rocketeer knowledge". Only days later did I put it together that it was Ivy Doomkitty who I had seen many pictures of as female rocketeer.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back