Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

Got my resin parts, they're really nice and now I have a target for improving my resin printing skills.

IMG_6436.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I started printing Veepy files in may 2021 and worked part time on the Jetpack and helmet until october. I had to take a break to finish other projects... I always start to many projects at the same time :rolleyes: Anyway I am back and planing on finishing it in the next few weeks. gnolivos files are just extraordinary. Still the weathering to do and finish coding the electronic. I am planing on thruster lights, sound and smoke.

Thanks again gnolivos to make a dream come true (y)

(SNIPPED images for size)
Amazing work, stefe2!! I just started printing my own pack, and like you I'm blown away by the quality of gnolivos models! I am curious about your helmet though - which STL did you use for that? I've seen a few of varying quality, but yours looks like the best I've found! Would be very intereted in where that came from

Amazing work, stefe2!! I just started printing my own pack, and like you I'm blown away by the quality of gnolivos models! I am curious about your helmet though - which STL did you use for that? I've seen a few of varying quality, but yours looks like the best I've found! Would be very intereted in where that came from
The model is from Do3D... The helmet is great but the Jepack is nowhere near Veepy quality.

Hey all, I'm back to work on my Veepy, but I'm approaching the painting a little different than what I'm seeing in this thread. It seems that most of you are assembling before painting...I've been approaching mine by sanding, filling, and painting each piece prior to any assembly. Other than the risk of scratching the finish, does it really matter?

I ask because I'm concerned I might be missing something important.

Thanks!

Hey all, I'm back to work on my Veepy, but I'm approaching the painting a little different than what I'm seeing in this thread. It seems that most of you are assembling before painting...I've been approaching mine by sanding, filling, and painting each piece prior to any assembly. Other than the risk of scratching the finish, does it really matter?

I ask because I'm concerned I might be missing something important.

Thanks!
I took the same approach as you. I took extra care when assembling not to ruin the finish. Then added at the end the rivets.

Was the all-in-one mini version released? I've gone through the tread and I'm only finding download info for the full scale.
I never released it. I performed some trials and it printed almost perfectly but there were still some issues. Problem is the thinner areas. Would need some serious modification to thicken certain areas and then the overall accuracy is lost. I never pursued further …

I never released it. I performed some trials and it printed almost perfectly but there were still some issues. Problem is the thinner areas. Would need some serious modification to thicken certain areas and then the overall accuracy is lost. I never pursued further …
I think, and that's my thought on the possibilities of 3-D printing that part, the overall shape; that is: the two main jets pipes + cones and middle part connecting both shouldn't be too difficult to print. Maybe the little fins and some of the vents are? As a model maker, it would be easy to add any little details missing from that overall shape;)

Hi All, i'm working on my own Veepy with a goal to have it ready to go by Halloween, no small task. I've hit a bump in the road on the internal booster bottom and top. They are just so highly detailed that they want half a spool each in supports to get them going. Does anybody have any orientation help on those two pieces, or better yet a gcode they've had that was successful? Thanks for the help!

The way this was modeled isn't exactly printer friendly. I do not say that as a dig to the modeller. I refer to the amount of 90 portions internally that causes this. It's a beautiful free model and it simply takes time to learn how to set up the large tall prints for success.

But this pack does require quite large supports if printing in minimal pieces.

It may he easier for you to slice it into smaller pieces so they take less supports but require more work on the back end when joining.

That's the problem with any large print. Not just this pack. Where do you want most of your work to be ? Setting up the print for success despite using a ton of filament ? Or joining and sanding seams from smaller pieces ?

When I printed most o the pieces I did end up breaking most of the pieces into smaller sections. try to find seam lines where there might be an easy break you can hide or even a slice where it'll be so far inside most people won't see it. I think I had my internal booster broken up into like 3 or 4 pieces just to prevent long drawn out over supported parts.

I'm not sure how dialed in your printer is, but I have generally good idea of how far I can push angles before I need to use a support. I would say do some support test and find the maximum angle your printer can handle and then go from there. :)

Thanks. I agree when I look at the model, its clear 3D printing had no consideration for its design. I too am not digging at the model its very on point, but the internals could scrap away 90% of the details since they are hidden and it would making printing much easier. If I were as skilled as the creator id try to reduce details with meshmixer, but thats likely a recipe for failure! Thanks for the tip on chopping up, that does make a lot of sense but does provide problems of its own. At this point ill just have to accept that each portion for the lower bits will be a half spool each!

Quick question; the copper pipe doesn’t come bent in the shape I need so it’s gotta be fabricated somehow or do I have to use a different material and make it look like copper?

received_857368475544349.jpeg

Last edited:
Which question; the copper pipe doesn’t come bent in the shape I need so it’s gotta be fabricated somehow or do I have to use a different material and make it look like copper?

View attachment 1661224
If you want a good smooth bend on copper tube use this trick: put soapy water in the tube by blocking the ends with a rubber plug or hot glue from a glue-gun. Freeze for 24 hours; remove from the freezer and bend it right away. Thaw and remove water + plugs;)

Question:

I can only find the ball joint rod ends. Not the long metal rods attached to it.

Is there somewhere I can buy it all as one piece? If not, how long is the metal rod? What’s the diameter of the metal rod? Instructions are kinda vague about this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back