Rock and Roll HOF - anyone know why Steve Perry didn't sing?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone know why Steve Perry didn't sing during this? The local rock station was hyping it, but apparently he didn't even do one song.

I thought his voice was shot and they have been doing shows with a different front man for years.

That's odd they usually at least do one song. They've had Arnel singing for like 10 years or so and you can't tell the difference. Then again the Hall isn't really held in high regards by older groups and singers after seeing so many passed up in favor of pop and rap acts.

He was never going to sing on that appearance, it is a miracle he was there to begin with, as he and Neal only speak through their Attorneys

His voice is not what it used to be as well but supposedly he is working on a new album

It might be for the best, half the time when a band gets inducted things get worse when they try and perform together. I know Blondie ran into an issue when a former band member expected to play but wasn't invited to.

I heard the thing about his voice, but I thought I also heard that he was okay enough that there was talk of him doing shows with them or something.

Thats been going on for awhile now, like I said he is supposedly getting ready to release an album.

Who knows what the future may bring but there is an awful amount of bad blood between Steve and the rest of the group

I heard the thing about his voice, but I thought I also heard that he was okay enough that there was talk of him doing shows with them or something.

I heard the thing about his voice, but I thought I also heard that he was okay enough that there was talk of him doing shows with them or

something.

He actually did a couple songs with a tribute band sometime last year IIRC. Nothing was wrong with the voice from what they said.

Also read an article a year or so prior to that where the interviewer heard a number of the songs he was working on and said he was just totally blown away with how good they were. Steve's response was they weren't ready for the public still.

Seems to be an indication of over-perfection or something. I'd love to hear the album, but at the current pace, i'm not going to be putting any money on it happening anytime soon.

Steve "The Voice" Perry is fine and recorded an album...but not ready to release it yet. I'm still waiting for "Boston" to release theirs:D I'm kidding of course.
Perry's voice has aged and he cannot hit the high notes as he use to (normal with age). As for the bad blood between him and the band, it's been going on for quite a long time.
Who's right, who's wrong...it's impossible to say anymore:rolleyes

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back