rock-a-doodle

EyeofSauron

Master Member
does anyone remember this flick?

i absolutely loved it as a kid, i had it on video tape back then.

i just watched it again, and it lost nothing of its magic. the songs, the characters, the story, it still pulls me in, after having watched it like a million times.

Haha yeah, I remember that tape when I was a kid. I got it for christmas, haven't watched it in years. Such a great movie lol.

It was in July recently. Its a good movie however I always prefered Mother Gooses Rockin' Rhymes.. which seems to be unavailible on DVD :(

I remember seeing it with Rover Dangerfield at my cousin's house baby sitting him. I was allready 19 but remember Rock A Doodle being fun.

I loved it in second grade. We were going to watch it in class, but I got sick and had to go home, and it upset me enough that I still remember it...

It's a Don Bluth movie, and Don Bluth is the man. "Dragon's Lair", and "Space Ace" defined my youth nearly as much as Star Wars and Indy. In '87 my Dad even bought me a "Space Ace" arcade machine that he got a killer deal on. The LD player doesn't work, but I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.

I love Bluth's animation, and the video games, but most of his films are darn near unwatchable, IMO. There are exceptions.

i remember seeing it when i was a kid then they put it up on netflix when i showed my wife she was like "what the heck is this?" I was shocked, it was awesome then its awesome now

Wow, I cannot believe there's a "Rock-a-doodle" thread on the RPF. I haven't thought about this movie in years, lol.

The screenwriter, David Weiss, and I were writing partners for several years during the late 80's/ early 90's. At one point, fairly late in production, David and Don brought me in to help with script revisions. We gave it our best shot, but Don could be his own worst enemy when it came to story (as he was always the first to admit).

I can't say I'm a fan of the film (I've never even seen the final cut), but I know Dave and Don would get a kick out of knowing it has its own little fan base.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back