rock-a-doodle

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by EyeofSauron, Mar 19, 2012.

1. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

does anyone remember this flick?

i absolutely loved it as a kid, i had it on video tape back then.

i just watched it again, and it lost nothing of its magic. the songs, the characters, the story, it still pulls me in, after having watched it like a million times.

2. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Haha yeah, I remember that tape when I was a kid. I got it for christmas, haven't watched it in years. Such a great movie lol.

3. usconcept

usconcept Well-Known Member

It was in July recently. Its a good movie however I always prefered Mother Gooses Rockin' Rhymes.. which seems to be unavailible on DVD :(

4. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

I remember seeing it with Rover Dangerfield at my cousin's house baby sitting him. I was allready 19 but remember Rock A Doodle being fun.

5. DrewSmith007

DrewSmith007 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I loved it in second grade. We were going to watch it in class, but I got sick and had to go home, and it upset me enough that I still remember it...

6. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

It's a Don Bluth movie, and Don Bluth is the man. "Dragon's Lair", and "Space Ace" defined my youth nearly as much as Star Wars and Indy. In '87 my Dad even bought me a "Space Ace" arcade machine that he got a killer deal on. The LD player doesn't work, but I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.

7. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I love Bluth's animation, and the video games, but most of his films are darn near unwatchable, IMO. There are exceptions.

8. sparrowed

sparrowed Well-Known Member

9. NexusFX

NexusFX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i remember seeing it when i was a kid then they put it up on netflix when i showed my wife she was like "what the heck is this?" I was shocked, it was awesome then its awesome now

10. Carson Dyle

Carson Dyle Sr Member

Wow, I cannot believe there's a "Rock-a-doodle" thread on the RPF. I haven't thought about this movie in years, lol.

The screenwriter, David Weiss, and I were writing partners for several years during the late 80's/ early 90's. At one point, fairly late in production, David and Don brought me in to help with script revisions. We gave it our best shot, but Don could be his own worst enemy when it came to story (as he was always the first to admit).

I can't say I'm a fan of the film (I've never even seen the final cut), but I know Dave and Don would get a kick out of knowing it has its own little fan base.