Robotech Cyclone CVR-3 Armor

TK1536

Sr Member
So about four months ago, I got a wild idea to take on this project. It was a costume I've wanted to do for years, but lacked the skills needed to pull it off right. So, after doing Clone Trooper armor from scratch a few years ago and some other misc. props, I figured I could do this. Save up some cash, buy the materials, block out some time and set a finish date, which was this weekend.

After working every single day since, I pulled it off. Everything was sculpted by hand using 2lb. foam. Silicone and Plasti-paste molds, final castings are in urethane resin backed by fiberglass.

You can see all my WIP pictures here... MobileMe Gallery

Some final pictures...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

More final pictures here: MobileMe Gallery
Thanks to Charlie Mann for taking the pictures. We hope to eventually make everything in Vac-Formed plastic, because hand-laying fiberglass is a chore.

Oddly enough I was just reading the Robotech comics. Very cool. Every notice that some of the alien guns from Halo look a bit like the guns in this series?

That is freakin' AWESOME!! I grew up loving this show. Did you make the weapon as well or were you able to find it somewhere?

Thanks guys. I also made the blaster, check my WIP (work in progress) link above to see the sculpting/molding, etc.

I'd like to make the rifle version of the blaster as well before DCon.

web.jpg

Wow Impressive to say the least! I think I just heard the whole island of Japan and a generation of anime n3rds roar in envy over your skills sir.

Looks pretty good. However, if you don't mind me saying so but your boots are a bit on the small side compared to the anime and I think the thigh armor might be a little off. Still, it's definitely good work regardless and I hope that I can do half as good work as you when/if I decide to finally tackle making a set of ATAC armor from Southern Cross.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back