Limited Run RoboCop2™ Cain

Chronicle

Official Licensee
“Cain! Let’s step outside!”

The 1990 film RoboCop2™ introduced the world to one of science-fiction film’s most menacing characters, the Cain cyborg. With a power-hungry psychopathic drug-lord as its human base, and an unscrupulous business as its creator, Cain wreaks havoc on the innocent civilians of Detroit until taken down by RoboCop in a climatic final scene.

Co-created by legendary special-effects animator Phil Tippett, the charismatic Cain was brought to life in the film with a full-size robot prop and several intricately machined stop-motion puppets, all which have survived and live at Tippett Studio.

Explains Cain project head Mark Dubeau, “Going into the project I really underestimated his complexity. It was a bit like working on a Russian nesting doll. The moment you started taking him apart, you’d find engineering hidden beneath for some structural purpose or another. I still can’t believe the thought put into Cain’s seemingly ornamental detail. The random “cool-looking” details glued on ACTUALLY WORKED the way you would expect it. The pistons all worked, the shocks compress, the shoulder pivots have gimbals and hinges at intervals … it was stunning and awe-inspiring. Hundreds of parts. Madness.”

It is from these screen-used stop-motion puppets that Chronicle Collectibles directly produced its licensed RoboCop2™ Cain model. Molded from original masters and one of the original filming puppets, Cain is assembled with a whopping 275 individual parts, with each part individually cast and cleaned for new masters by Tippett Studio. This may be one of the most complex figures ever reproduced for private collectors, and Chronicle Collectibles is proud to be part of its production.

We are limiting Cain to 500 units worldwide and it is almost sold out! Pre-order today at http://www.chroniclecollectibles.com/robocop-2-cain/

PRODUCT DETAILS

Dimensions: 6″D x 10.5″W x 16″H
Includes: detailed logo base with display plaque signed by Phil Tippett
Artist: Phil Tippett
Manufacturer/Distributor: Toynami
Licensor: ROBOCOP 2™ & © 1990 Orion Pictures Corporation. ©2014 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Price: $1,300 plus shipping

Attachments

• cain1.jpg
    cain1.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 515
  • cain1a.jpg
    cain1a.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 439
  • cain1b.jpg
    cain1b.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 600
  • cain1c.jpg
    cain1c.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 471
  • cain1d.jpg
    cain1d.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 501
  • cain1e.jpg
    cain1e.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 285
  • cain1f.jpg
    cain1f.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 408
  • cain1g.jpg
    cain1g.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 486
  • cain1h.jpg
    cain1h.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 339
Our international distributors have started shipping Cain!!! See photos on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chroniclecollectibles?ref=aymt_homepage_panel and follow the threads on Statue Forum as well http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=149359

US customers or should I say: the most patient, amazing people EVER, we will have Cain soon! The US shipping strikes and further communications between the dock works union and the port authorities have slowed shipping production to almost a stand-still. We have confirmation that our container has been off loaded and we are still expecting them here by the end of February. We apologize for the wait and inconvenience, but we promise, it is worth it. We will send out updates as we get confirmation of shipment!

We should have the first round of Cain this week!! The first 300 of the 500 total run is being trucked to Texas as I type! After a short, but rigorous inspection, we will start shipping them out!! We are so excited to get to share this product with you!!

Please feel free to contact me with questions! agarrett@chroniclecollectibles.com

We're crazy excited!! We've been waiting so long!!

Hand-inspection is happening and we'll be shipping soon!

Attachments

• Cain inside box inspection.jpg
    Cain inside box inspection.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Cain base inspection.jpg
    Cain base inspection.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Cain Pallet 3.jpg
    Cain Pallet 3.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Cain pallet 2.jpg
    Cain pallet 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 223
Hi all. I was fortunate to salvage a damaged Cain figure. Missing 3 arms and base. Any one have a replicate base? Or capable of 3D printing it?

I am printing the Cain model at the moment from these files:
I am not sure they are the same scale.

I could print some parts, but they are not the loose parts like the CgTrader files, I have combined parts to make it more easy and faster to print.
not all lose parts, joints or movable arms.

No base so you still will have to look for one.

IMG_1357.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there! Thanks for reply. Yes very interested. The model i have is 1/6 scale. Can you please check it’s same?

As for parts needed. I need 3 of the 4 arms. But I’d take all 4 arms if simpler.

You can message me privately if easier.

Thank you so much!

Frasic

Hi there! Thanks for reply. Yes very interested. The model i have is 1/6 scale. Can you please check it’s same?

As for parts needed. I need 3 of the 4 arms. But I’d take all 4 arms if simpler.

You can message me privately if easier.

Thank you so much!

Frasic
The figure is not 1/6 scale . It's actually kinda smaller if i recall. So I would double check those measurements

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back