Robocop Poster

But if you look at him, despite what they said, he's about as intact as Anakin was after he took a lava bath on Mustafar.

Which is why I can't even take the trailer serious if they can't get their own story straight; but this is sidetracking the OP's original intent. The convo can be continued in the Entertainment forum.

I don't mind the black armor either, except for that ODST-wannabe central breast plate. It looks out of place.

It could be my eye's. but this one looks different than the poster one to me.

joel-kinnaman-robocop-14-640x719.jpg

Yes. If his weener and bladder are intact, and his robolegs allow him to stand over a toilet, there's no reason he can't dispense justice.

Yes. If his weener and bladder are intact, and his robolegs allow him to stand over a toilet, there's no reason he can't dispense justice.

lol!
justice!

maybe the producers thought by having the ability to pee would make rubbercop more relatable to the humans!?

i bet his fellow cops might be jealous.

I wonder if they are going to go through stages of Robo's development.

His armoury could change at different points in the movie ???

I'm exited to see the movie too, and take a shot at making that gun, but he moves like a human wearing a foam costume. *Sigh* I know what you're thinking, He is! I know. But even in Iron Man 3 the character still moves like a robot, subtlety. I imagine that's why Jon Favreau used the foam suit mainly for close ups. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for that clunky, slow, moving Robocop I grew up with either. :D

That's not Robocop. That's VaderCop, or ArmorCop. The only biological parts left of Robocop are his face and part of his brain (mostly blown out by Red Foreman!). But this new imposter is about 80% intact. And that damned gloveless hand is pi55ing me off. Screw that noise, man.

I couldnt agree more. The hand is driving me nuts, not only does it take away from the character, but it is visually distracting.

Also, he doesnt LOOK like he is made of metal. Of course in the original, it was painted to look that way, and yes, we all knew it wasnt actual metal, but it doesnt matter, it doesnt HAVE to be. This abomination looks like its made of plastic, or some sort of carbon fiber, and it looks like a bullet would tear right through it. No reflections, no nothing. Not only that, but there are WAY too many little nodules and **** like that, he looks like a damn transformer, WAY too many moving, idividual pieces. And those scales on his abs that looks like a spine?! Who the hell designed this... :facepalm

By the look of the trailer he has two guns, the pistol in his right leg and the submachine gun thing in his left. Right at the end of the trailer it shows it expanding out of his leg holster

robo.jpg

Well apparently from those who fave read the script. He sort of goes back to live with his wife after being made into RoboCop, so the fact he still has a penis makes sense, or she's gonna get real frustrated.

And yeash the exposed hand is really annoying, the first photo I saw I thought he had just taken the glove off for a moment.

As for him being black, leave batman to decide the color scheme, your gonna get black.

While it is different from the poster, it's the same gun he's holding in this picture:
http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f9/robocop-poster-df-15757.jpg-231658d1379113541

Yeah, and about that right gauntlet? Why does something that's supposed to be hard armor flex at the wrist like it appears to? The whole wrist end of it makes it look like a cheap vinyl costume...

I dunno, to me the suit just looks "off"; too many bumps, angles, raised parts that appear to be solely for cosmetic reasons. At least the look of the original suit was purely functional in design.

By the look of the trailer he has two guns, the pistol in his right leg and the submachine gun thing in his left. Right at the end of the trailer it shows it expanding out of his leg holster

View attachment 233247

Anyone else think the guy in that scene was CGI?

Also, of course they had to 1 up the original by giving him TWO guns, with one being a machine gun. Two Auto9 would have been too crazy, right?

I remember the Robocop from Prime Directives rocking two handguns. Worked fine for him. Why would a cyborg need heavy firepower? Couldn't he just use his super aiming technology and pin point his bullets?

So......aside from his legs and left arm.....he can take the suit off? So he works for a police force with connections to a facility that can make high tech prothetics and rather than just give him new legs and an arm....they make a whole suit for him and turn him into a robo-trooper? I would be rather ticked off if my seargant did that to me!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back