Robocop Location Pics

franz bolo

Sr Member
I haven't watched Robocop2 in a while, so I put it on the other day.

I saw them film this when I was younger so I really like this one.

While watching it, I saw this big wooden prop in the background of one of the conference rooms and said to myself that's the same thing we have at work.

Looking closer, I realized it is my work. The light fixtures, ceiling, walls, and floor are all the same. I called the property manager and they confirmed that this is the building.

I can't do screen grabs, but I'll try to get some pics of the actual scenes from the movie.

I think I'm going to take pics of all the different locations around town where they filmed. They shot some stuff at a vacant Hospital here and it's since been torn down and a Federal Reserve is now there.

It will go good with my Robocop display I'm working on.

FB

rc01.jpg

rc02.jpg

rc03.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Houston. That's where they filmed Robocop2.

They filmed the last part of the movie at the Wortham Theatre. They actually created a styrofoam wall that had all the bullet holes on it. They CGI'd the height of the building.

There is a downstairs also that I have to look into. I'll get photos and try to match the screen shots.

I know where the house is that they used for Robocops Wife. Maybe the residents will let me take photos out of their window..

Anyway, this should be fun. At least for me it is. :D

FB

I just found out that parts of the movie "I come in Peace" was filmed in front of this building.

Also, the Girls of Enron Playboy photo shoot was done in our parking garage..

FB

Originally posted by franz bolo@Jan 25 2006, 02:58 PM
They shot some stuff at a vacant Hospital here and it's since been torn down and a Federal Reserve is now there.

Was that near Allen Park? I did some work in Houston a few years back. I was working at the American General corporate offices. I remember driving past a vacant hospital, it was really creepy looking.

Originally posted by SWFreak+Jan 26 2006, 08:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ Jan 26 2006, 08:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-franz bolo
@Jan 25 2006, 02:58 PM
They shot some stuff at a vacant Hospital here and it's since been torn down and a Federal Reserve is now there.

Was that near Allen Park? I did some work in Houston a few years back. I was working at the American General corporate offices. I remember driving past a vacant hospital, it was really creepy looking.
[snapback]1168633[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes. It was right off of Allen Parkway. There was an Antones Sandwich shop right near there also. Back then, that part of the city was full of crime.

I took screen photos, and will print them out then match the angles. The Middle photo I took is on the wron floor. It was actually on the bottom floor. They have the round windows.

FB

Wow, had I known that back then I would have taken pictures.

I had the unique pleasure of staying at the Allen Park Inn. What a dump.

Originally posted by franz bolo@Jan 25 2006, 09:56 PM
I'm in Houston. That's where they filmed Robocop2.

They filmed the last part of the movie at the Wortham Theatre. They actually created a styrofoam wall that had all the bullet holes on it. They CGI'd the height of the building.

FB
[snapback]1168076[/snapback]​

I'm from Houston as well - and remember, there was no such thing as CGI back in Robo's days. The building composite was done with an overlay of The Worthum(sp?) (it was brand spanking new when they shot there) and the Transco Tower over by the Galleria.

The scene in the convention center "Kane Let's step outside" was filmed in the also brand new George R Brown convention center.

The scene in the arcade when Robo walks in and says "Isn't it a school night?" was fillmed at my old hang out - Down Town Grounds (where the wrap party was held and all the cop cars were parked during the shoot).

At the time I was studying photography and working downtown at a place called "Crystalize" taking photos of sections of the city that were going to be overhauled.

We went to the set while they were filming (there was a club nearby called "Power Tools" that we had just staggered out of and we were drunk as sh...) Robo was fighting Robo 2 (who was actually a giant piece of Cardboard make up like an Alien (they told us they were keeping what Robo2 looked like a surprise). My Buddy asked Peter Weller if he could join Team Banzai - and Weller responded with a smile "We're all full". And, I'm not kidding, he my Buddy walked over and stole the top head piece of the Robocop Helmet off a prop truck. No Joke - he's cazy as hell.

I was also there when they filmed I come in Piece, which was originally titled Dark Angel, and I was sent with 4 other people to take pics of the set and make sure everything was fixed by the production crews.

I did the same thing for Reality Bites when they shot the outdoor stuff near tranqulity park. I saw Winnona (sticky fingers) RYder there who was a complete B....

Originally posted by Jet Beetle@Jan 26 2006, 02:01 PM
We went to the set while they were filming (there was a club nearby called "Power Tools" that we had just staggered out of and we were drunk as sh...)
[snapback]1168922[/snapback]​

Wow.. My band Drunken Monkey played at Power Tools. I used to go to the Brewery Tap next door.

I used to skate downtown and watch them film.

Do you know a bum that always hung out near there named Downtown Red? That guy was funny.

Do you have any pics of them filming?

FB

Here are the shots I had time to do.

My camera lens is way different but I tried to match the angle up as best I could.

Some of the hallways were covered to make them look like walls, and the wall where the sliding door opens is fake. You can see the stairwell in the background.

Also, the windows behind the desk are fake. It's a fake wall also. They must have backlit photos to make the scenery outside the window. It looks like the transco tower outside the middle window.

FB

01_1.jpg

02_1.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back