Robin WIP

Igniitus

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, longtime listener, first time caller.

So I've been poking around here and the LOH forums, and have finally started working on a Robin costume, which I plan to be an amalgam of a few different versions of the Boy Wonder... Looking for a kinda Arkham/Tim Drake crossover.

First things first, the utility belt... It's a standard black web belt with Cigarette Cases, Dowels, and a Ureth Robin Logo on the 'Buckle'

It leaves enough room for the Grappling Gun JesterFX is making me, and the Bat Throwers I have on order to fit comfortably on the back.

Also, here's a pic of what I'm using for the Torso. I've got a few cans of Red Spray Plasti-Dip on the way, hoping that will give it the look I'm going for.

Last edited:
Looks amazing so far, and I'm really loving that belt. Never would've guessed cigarette cases would give such a perfect look to it.

Thanks everyone. I've got another can of Red plasti Dip to apply to the front and sides, and then black to go over the shoulders.

I'm probably going to add a zipper to the back. I can get the thing on and off, but I need assistance and it is pretty hilarious to watch me try on my own.

Anyone know where I can find a good cape, though? Looking for Yellow on the inside, black outside, collar, about knee (or a tad below the knee) in length. Haven't decided if I'm going with the Arkham hood yet...

Lots of updates!

The Gauntlets are still drying... the Gloves came from Amazon yesterday. I also was able to finish the red on the torso, just have to clean up the black on the shoulders.

Thinking about the emblem on the chest, I'm worried about how it would look if it were just painted on, and how secure it would be when fighting this top on and off...

I actually may paint it on, but then, add magnets to the inside (i'll cut into the padding from behind). Then, I'll make an emblem from metal, that I can easily attach and remove when putting the top on. Also, I remember at some point Robin being able to rempove the 'R' and use it as a knife to escape some ridiculus happenstance... we'll see it's just an idea at this point.

I'm loving this! Funnily enough when I watched the cartoon back in the 90's I was madly in love with Robin. Everyone was gaga over Batman but I couldn't understand why more people weren't all over Robin hahahaha! I was also a Luke Skywalker fan over Han Solo....maybe I just like my boys boyish. :D

Super excited to see more photos of this!

Dude, this is looking great. Where did you the padded shirt for the armor? I'd like something that for a project I am working on!

Its from a company called Proto, its paintball armor. Check ebay and amazon! Doesnt dye well or take paint, I had to put it ob a garbage can for shape and spray it with Plasti dip

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back