Robby the Robot

dreamer7

Hello,

I want to attempt a scratch build model of Robby the Robot about 16" high, Please can I ask for help with reference?

I've downloaded a couple of the Studio drawings off the web, FSD 2 the cross section of the dome, and FSD 6 the chest hopper details, does anyone have copies of the other drawings sheets 3 to 12 Please?

I know It would be a miracle but I thought I'd ask anyway. I know that Bill Malone has a set, but there's no way to get in touch with him.

Thanks

Tom :)

A few notes, one there was a couple of toy/models made that ran that size and one real nice one that ran 24 inches.

So I would say hunt one up and rework it.

And look for back issues of Cinefantastique, Issue: Volume 8 Number2/Volume 8 Number three.

It is a great issue on Forbidden Planer and has drawings of Robbys workings.

Rich

I have one of the models Rich mentioned - the Masudaya 16" Robby - picked it up on eBay last year.
He's made from vinyl and is articulated at the waist, head, arms and wrists, and he comes apart at the waist.
I removed the 'record' and bulb which illuminated the speech grill at the front, as the record didn't work.
His legs are filled with plaster and there's plenty of room inside for electronics...

Howard.

Robby has always been a favorite of mine. Here's a picture of my 16" sized version I did a few years back.

robby1a.jpg

more photos of him here;
http://www.treksf.com/collection/main.php?...&g2_itemId=1981

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kdawg1 @ Apr 24 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]1232202[/snapback]</div>
Try this site and talk to Fred Barton, He builds the full sized Robby's at Fred Barton Productions.
He may be able to help he's a good guy

tobor1701@earthlink.net
[/b]

Hello Keith,

I have talked to Fred both by e-mail and by phone in the past, and to be honest I've got nowhere. Sent him messages again a few weeks ago, no reply.

I do know or the Masudaya Robby 16" but they always go for extortionate amounts on e bay that's why I want to build my own.

I have also downloaded the article from Cinefantastique and the 2 drawings, but i need the rest of the set.

Thanks guys for all your Input

Tom

I have one sheet of real Robby prints. It is sheet #1 it has the full body elevation and some other details. It is very cool. It is kind of murky since it is so old. Here is a little tease.

rob5.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rocketbobs @ Apr 26 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]1232769[/snapback]</div>
I have one sheet of real Robby prints. It is sheet #1 it has the full body elevation and some other details. It is very cool. It is kind of murky since it is so old. Here is a little tease.

rob5.jpg

[/b]

Hi Rocketbobs,

Yeah I have a copy of the same sheet, plus sheet 2 and 6 they're on this site

http://home.pacbell.net/thoemke1/robby-the...history-01.html

If these are in the public domain I'm sure the rest are somewhere,

Thanks

Tom

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back